Computer Specialist III - Software
General Dynamics IT is seeking a dedicated and experienced individual to provide IT Software Application support to develop and sustain at United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID) Information Management Systems. These systems enable USAMRIID's administrative and research functions, and are crucial in the production of quality research products; such systems are referred to as USAMRIID's IT Portfolio. The IT Portfolio is a combination of USAMRIID developed, Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS), and Government Off-the-Shelf (GOTS) Database Management Systems. The USAMRIID IT Governance Committee (ITGC) will determine the systems and priorities in the IT Portfolio.
You will have a key role in motivating your IT team to deliver excellent IT support to our client!
- Sustain systems in the IT Portfolio which consists of applications written in Visual Studio, SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Office & Developer Tools, SharePoint, Oracle Development Suite, Cold Fusion, JAVA, and TOAD.
- Hold an active vendor certification for at least one of the software systems supported.
- Ac as the Primary or Secondary Application Specialist (PAS) for each software system in the IT portfolio.
- Design and sustain software to ensure that regulatory requirements are met. Regulatory requirements include: AR25-1 Information Management, AR 25-2 Information Assurance, Personal Identifiable Information (PII) polices, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations, 21 CFR Part 11 Electronic Records, 21 CFR Part 58 Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- As a primary application specialist you will ensure that the Biennial Department of the Army Inspector General (DAIG) and Annual Organizational Improvement Program (OIP) inspections result in NO FINDINGS.
- Provide software support to sustain and develop applications in the IT Portfolio utilizing techniques in Systems Analysis, Data Modeling, Evolutionary Prototyping, Process Modeling, System Design, System Construction, Application Architecture, Database Design, Input & Output Design, User- Interface Design, and Object-Oriented programming.
- Sustain existing systems in the IT Portfolio. Sustainment is the ongoing maintenance of a system after it has been in operation, including system improvements. Sustainment activities shall include many of the following: updating user accounts, maintaining software libraries, correcting errors (bugs), unit testing, system testing, providing version control, updating documentation, end-user training, end-user assistance, producing reports, data mining, transferring data sets, system enhancement, system reengineering, and system decommission.
- Provide end-user training and training documentation for systems sustained in the IT Portfolio. You will update training materials for legacy systems as needed. You will create user-guides for newly developed systems.
- Track project effort using the IMD Project Tracking System (PTS). The PTS requires each specialist/professional to log the number of hours by milestone for each project weekly. You will utilize the PTS to ensure proper resourcing of active projects and to provide metrics to support prioritization of projects.
- Provide documentation for each system in the IT Portfolio as stated in the Information Management Division Policy 14-03, "Information Services Division Software System Documentation Standards". Required documentation consists of: 1) Requirements; 2) Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD); 3) Data Dictionary; 4) Memorandums; 5) Presentations; and 6) User Guides. Additional documentation may be required, based on need. Potential documents include: 1) Diagrams; 2) Surveys and Interviews; 3) Test Plans & Results; 4) Validation Plans; 5) Project Plan; 6) After Action Reports; and 7) Lessons Learned.
- You will store system documentation in USAMRIID's document management system.
- Provide content updates for USAMRIID internet and intranet web pages, USAMRIID.ARMY.MIL and RIID-VISION, respectively.
- Serves as the Team lead for the IT application Software section. The Team Lead will Act as the communication channel between the government COR/TCOR and contract personnel within their section. The Team Lead will receive tasks from IMD management and assign these tasks to a member or members of the section. The Team Lead will provide weekly section status reports to IMD management. This section Team Lead will consult with other section Team Leads to solve problems. The Team Lead will ensure that work tracking tools (Remedy, Project Tracking System) reflect current status of work performed.
- Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 8-10 years of directly related computer systems analysis and/or programming experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.