Front End Developer
Located steps from the Bethesda Metro Station, Managed Care Advisors (MCA) is an innovative, data-driven company offering a unique set of services specific to Specialized Health Program Management, Federal Workers’ Compensation, Employee Benefits, Disability Management and Absence Management. MCA was recently recognized by Inc. Managed as one of the Nation’s 5,000 fastest-growing private companies in 2016. Come join our winning team and grow with us!
Managed Care Advisors
- Provides an exciting and fast paced work environment
- Provides a comprehensive benefits package
- Celebrates our individual and team successes together
- Supports a team-oriented work atmosphere
As a Front End Developer, you will collaborate as part of a dynamic multi-disciplinary project team of subject matter experts and clinical specialists on a wide range of problems. The Front End Developer is responsible for creating and maintaining innovative software solutions which enhance efficiencies for all MCA departments. The ideal candidate will focus on connecting disparate sources of complicated data into a digestible and actionable format.
- Work under consultative or self-initiated direction to develop innovative, data-driven software solutions that enable efficiency or complicated analysis
- Interface with various MCA departments and end-users to gather business requirements used to develop useful data capture tools, data manipulations, data views, and tracking mechanisms.
- Design elegant and understandable code with clear process flow and version control.
- Create efficient front-end designs and UI/UX.
- Learn new development techniques and programming languages as the field continues to evolve and MCA needs dictate.
- Enhance existing systems through regular communication with key stakeholders, analysis, modification, and improvement.
- Establish and maintain processes and systems to identify and correct software defects.
- Convert current stop-gap solutions to long term MCA assets.
- Create new and enhance existing operational documentation.
- Participate on cross-functional project teams as required.
- Consult closely with the Director of Technical Solutions on projects, milestones and tasks.
- Comply with all State and Federal regulations and abide by company policies and procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from accredited 4-year college or university required in Computer Programming or related field
- The ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Software Expertise
- Visual Studio 2015
- MS Excel
- MS Access
- MS SQL
- Programming Languages
- Batch/Shell scripting
- 2+ years of related programming experience
- Certification of skill or Minor in Computer Programming, Database Development/Management, Computer Science
- Experience developing and maintaining software solutions that encompass both database and Windows application solutions
- Ability to explain and demonstrate highly technical concepts and applications to team members of varying technical familiarity
MCA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or protected Veteran status. We participate in the United States Federal Government E-Verify program to confirm the employment authorization of each employee upon hire. Successful candidates will be required to obtain and maintain confidential-level security clearance upon hire.