Part-Time Help Desk Assistant
SmithBucklin, a 100 percent employee-owned association management company, is looking for a Part-Time Help Desk Assistant to join our Corporate IT team in Washington, DC. Corporate IT at SmithBucklin is an invaluable resource that provides needed support for local office computing network operations and procedures. The Part-Time Help Desk Assistant will work 19 hours per week within a team environment to support personal computers, peripheral equipment, network connections (LAN/WiFi) and provide support for users' software and hardware needs.
What You Will Do
- Complete work orders to include; performing installs, upgrades, moves and changes for computer workstation hardware and software, printers and other peripheral devices
- Act as initial contact for all internal and external customer technical support inquiries related to computer workstation hardware and software, telephone, network, operating system, printing and Internet access problems
- Duties include answering the Help Desk phone, recording the call, providing first level corrective action and problem escalation to second level when necessary
- Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, install and perform testing activities on various computer equipment, peripherals, data communication and computer network systems
- Meeting set-up to include video conferencing using Polycom, Conference Bridge and LCD projector set ups
This Role Might Be for You If…
- You have the ability to work in fast-paced, ever-changing environments
- You like working in teams
- You possess strong written and verbal skills
- You demonstrate a positive customer service attitude coupled with the ability to manage multiple client engagements
- You are self-motivated and an adept problem-solving orientation
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- 0-3 years of professional experience in a support/helpdesk position
- Ability to commit to working 19 hours per week
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution with a concentration in Computer Science or related technical degree
- MCSE/CCNA certifications are a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP, 2000/2003, Windows 7, Windows 10
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Outlook)
- Knowledge of Internet protocols (TCP/IP, SMTP, HTTP, etc.)
- Experience troubleshooting a wide range of problems (LAN, WAN, web, hardware, end user software, etc.) is a plus
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people - regardless of position or compensation - an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.