Boston Properties is a fully integrated, self-administered and self-managed real estate investment trust that develops, redevelops, acquires, manages, operates and owns a diverse portfolio of Class A office space, one hotel, four residential properties and five retail properties. The Company is one of the largest owners and developers of Class A office properties in the United States, concentrated in five markets - Boston, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco and Washington, DC.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Property Management team in our Washington, DC region. The Lead Engineer will maintain the integrity of all building systems, operate the building in an efficient manner, supervise work in the field and perform a variety of services in a secured facility in accordance to Boston Properties’ established operational and safety procedures.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Must be eligible for and receive an Industrial Security Approval Top Secret Clearance which will require:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Background investigation
- Submission to a polygraph examination
- High School diploma or equivalent educational certification preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years as a Building Engineer or equivalent field experience.
- Comprehensive training and certification in HVAC or Operating Engineering Technologies and/or equivalent job related training and experience.
- License(s) for applicable jurisdiction and equipment as required based on location:
- DC Properties - 3rd Class Steam Engineer License
- Maryland Properties - 2nd Grade Stationary Engineer License
- Virginia Properties - NIULPE 1st Class Engineer Certificate
- HVAC Masters license
- SMT Certification or enrollment in a program.
- Universal CFC certification required.
- Position requires expertise with centrifugal chillers and direct digital controls.
- Continuing education in field with a minimum of one advanced training course successfully completed each year.
- Strong technical and problem solving abilities.
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record required.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to coordinate work efficiently and optimize the performance of others.
- Strong computer skills necessary to operate and diagnose problems associated with Building Automation Systems.
- Familiarity with OSHA, NEC, NFC and Life Safety codes.
To apply, please visit https://careers-bostonproperties.icims.com/jobs/1888/lead-engineer/job
No agencies please.
Boston Properties is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.