Sr Telecom Analyst
This position is for a specialized skill set. The tailored position title is: Sr Analyst, Technical (Physical) Security Systems
Analyzes, administers, installs and maintains physical security systems in an IP-based telecommunications environment.
1. Evaluates, analyzes, administers and maintains video and data physical security systems
2. Conducts integration testing and otherwise supports migration of analog physical security systems to an IP-based security network environment.
3. Reads and interprets circuit diagrams and electrical schematics.
4. Prepares detailed specifications and flowcharts for implementation of new internal systems or modifications to vendor systems.
5. Coordinates installation of equipment.
6. May Install, test, adjust and troubleshoot equipment as necessary.
6. Monitors the operations of systems and works with vendors to identify next generation systems.
7. Provides end-user training of telecommunications features and functionality.
8. Helps to develop documentation required for end-user and field technician training.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to Analysts and Technicians of related specialties.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in testing and special projects as required.
Training Required: Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline (EE, ME, IT), or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience. Active Secret Clearance required.
5-8 years of related security systems and/or telecommunications experience.
Unique/Additional Requirements Specialty in multiple Physical Security/Technical Security Systems (CCTV, ACS, IDS, VMS, ENS, IDNS, Barrier systems, etc.) highly desired.
Background with US and international technical security systems designs/implementations very helpful.
Excellent writing and speaking skills.
Multi-tasker; self-starter; team-oriented.
Must have an Active Secret Security Clearance.
Some travel may be required once or twice a year for up to two weeks.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.