Systems Admin - Solaris/Unix for Aviation labs
This Systems Admin position is in support of civil navigation test and R&D programs. The work is in support a team of engineers, programmers, analyst and testers who support Navigation (GPS, WAAS, Gnd Navigation, Signal Analysis) projects including the FAA's National Satellite Test Bed (NSTB) laboratory, located at the FAA William J. Hughes Technical Center (WJHTC).
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
12. May serve as a technical team lead.
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
14. Participates in special projects as required.
GDIT's activities in civil Aviation include R&D and testing new systems at the FAA's William J Hughes Technical Center (WJHTC). GDIT has been involved in civil aviation research through modeling and simulation, and designing and developing labs for over 15 years at the Tech Center. GDIT's accomplishments includes civil aviation R&D, airspace analysis, s/w development & integration, R&D prototyping, GPS satellite navigation, Unmanned Aircraft systems (UAS) and other programs. This position is located at the WJHTC, which adjoins the Atlantic City International Airport, 12 miles west of Atlantic City.
GDIT CIVIL AVIATION
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.