Human Resources Assistant
ST. COLETTA OF GREATER WASHINGTON CLASS SPECIFICATION
Human Resources Assistant
Under direct supervision of the Human Resources Director, the incumbent is responsible for providing clerical and administrative support to the Executive Staff as well as Human Resources, IT and Facilities. Duties include maintaining business calendars, greeting and directing visitors, assisting in the preparation of various reports such as Quarterly Board Meeting and Annual Reports. Work assignments involve handling and relaying information of a confidential nature and care must be taken to maintain confidentiality.
This position is classified as non-exempt and in accordance with the Federal regulations is eligible for overtime pay for hours worked in excess of forty (40) hours per week. Note: Overtime must be pre-approved and time off from work either paid or unpaid is not considered in determining hours worked in a week.
Other Performance Measures:
Successful performance on the job requires following safety guidelines and policies to reduce accident or injury to self or students, school dress standards, proper attendance and leave policies, and compliance with other policies set forth in the Employee Handbook. Creativity, initiative and effective problem solving is also important to the success of the incumbent.
Examples of Essential Functions
* Provide clerical and administrative assistance to the executive staff; maintain the CEO's schedule and calendar.
* Schedule and coordinate various executive and program meetings and events.
* Ensure the orderly flow of correspondence in and out of the office.
* Type a variety of materials as requested, utilizing a computer keyboard and word processing software; review documents for accuracy, completeness, and compliance; proofread completed work.
* Perform various HR data entry functions such as entering confidential employee information, updating as required and filing material.
* Coordinate special events for the agency such as general planning, set up, break down, ordering and pick up of food, greeting guest, etc.
* Coordinate and prepare routine and special reports.
* Maintain equipment and supply inventory; maintain records relating to receipt and issuance of materials, equipment and vehicles; prepare purchase and supply requisitions or various other program documents.
* Operate and maintain standard office equipment.
* Monitor maintenance contracts on school equipment and vehicles.
* Assist with the Commuter Subsidy Smart Benefit Program, enrolling and removing participants as needed.
* Work closely with the various support functions and Adult Programs as required.
* Ensure that the administrative office waiting area, as well as the supply room, conference room, and kitchen areas are clean and orderly.
* Ability to exert moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, kneeling, crouching, crawling and brisk walking, and which may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (45 lbs.).
* Most tasks require oral communication, visual and hearing perception, and the ability to get around the classrooms, cafeteria, gym, campus, etc.
* Maintain confidentiality of parent, student and staff personal identifiable information.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment.
* Knowledge of business math computations, grammar, composition and spelling.
* Knowledge of computer information systems and software including MS Office suite.
* Ability to prepare spreadsheets and reports.
* Ability to make and apply routine decisions in accordance with policies and procedures.
* Ability to complete assignments within specified timeframes.
* Ability to serve as a lead worker as assigned.
* Ability to read, interpret, and follow safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence using English grammar and spelling.
* Requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
* Successful completion of the required training courses within a specified period of time
* Tuberculosis screening to assure no significant risk to the health and safety of others.
* Successfully passing a criminal background investigation and pre-employment and random drug screenings.
Minimum Acceptable Education and Experience:
Associate's degree in Business Management or related field from an accredited university or college and two (2) years of experience related to technical administrative support work; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Mobility Physical Effort
Activity % of Day Lifting: Amt of Weight % of task required
Stand 15 Up to 10 lbs. 10
Walk 15 Up to 20 lbs. 10
Sit 60 Up to 45 lbs. 10
Bend 10 More than 100 lbs. no
Climb stairs 15
Balance 100 Push/Pull: Amt of Weight % of task required
Stoop 20 Up to 10 lbs. 10
Kneel 10 Up to 20 lbs. 10
Talk 100 Up to 45 lbs. 10
Hear 100 More than 100 lbs. no
Activity % of time task required
Close vision 100
Distance vision 100
Color vision 100
Peripheral vision 100
Depth perception 100
Ability to adjust and focus 100
Manual or Finger Dexterity
Activity % of time task required
Finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls 50
Reach with hands and arms 30
Operate computer 40
Operate office equipment 20
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Environment % of Time Comments
Noise level- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. 100
Air conditions- Indoor air level-air conditioning/heat. Outdoor-variable conditions. 100 While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions.
Work involves interaction with individuals who may exhibit aggressive behaviors due to their disability. 100