Manager, Sales Compensation Operations
Bloomberg BNA provides legal, tax and compliance professionals with critical information, practical guidance and workflow solutions. We leverage leading technology and a global network of experts to deliver a unique combination of news and authoritative analysis, comprehensive research solutions, innovative practice tools, and proprietary business data and analytics. Bloomberg BNA is wholly owned by Bloomberg L.P., the global business, financial information and news leader.
Bloomberg BNA Seeks a Manager, Sales Compensation Operations to work with the Director of Sales Operations to coordinate resources across Sales Management, HR, Finance, and Sales Operations to ensure continuity of operations and information flow relating to sales and compensation operations. Manage and facilitate annual process to realign sales territories and compensation plans across all client-facing divisions
Manage annual exercise to realign sales territories and compensation plans, including: o Create project plan and holds participants accountable to deliverables and deadlines.
- Coordinate work streams across Sales Management, HR, Finance, Sales Operations, and IT.
- Oversee update of market assumptions underlying territory sizing models.
- Update quota and compensation models, sales budgets, coverage assignments, and target compensation statements.
- Calculate year-end incentive payouts.
- Manage communications with the field team.
Facilitate sales compensation operations throughout the year, including:
- Audit of bi-weekly incentive payouts.
- Design of new hire compensation plans.
- Calculation of quarterly incentive payouts across non-sales roles.
Build out and maintains reporting and analysis of sales performance and compensation data including:
- Building out and maintaining information databases.
- Coordinating with data consumers across Finance, Sales Ops, HR, and management to ensure reporting requirements are satisfied.
- Building out a suite of regular reports to track and analyze sales performance and compensation payouts.
Perform ad hoc analysis and reporting as assigned by the Director of Sales Operations.
Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
3-5+ years’ related experience which may include data analysis, project management, sales compensation operations, etc; excellent research, business math, and analytical skills needed to organize, extract, interpret, and analyze data from a variety of sources; demonstrated ability in advanced level use of office productivity software, including Microsoft Excel, Access, and PowerPoint; ability to work effectively – both independently and in a team environment – in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures; good interpersonal skills to work effectively with individuals at all levels both inside and outside BBNA; strong attention to detail; excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively to executives; excellent project management and organizational skills; experience at a highly advanced level using office productivity software, including Microsoft Excel, Access, and PowerPoint; Bachelor’s degree with coursework in statistics, information technology, engineering, business, finance, economics, marketing or related subjects or appropriate combination of education and experience. Master’s degree in quantitative discipline helpful.