About N Street Village
N Street Village is a community of empowerment and recovery for homeless and low-income women in Washington, D.C. With comprehensive services addressing both emergency and long-term needs, N Street Village helps women achieve stability and make meaningful gains in their housing, income, employment, mental health, physical health, and addiction recovery. N Street Village also provides affordable rental housing for low and moderate-income individuals and families. Please visit our website for more information at: www.nstreetvillage.org.
The Compliance Manager is responsible for managing and executing all business compliance and reporting-related requirements in support of N Street Village’s operations.
– Manage compliance activities for four N Street Village legal entities, including renewing licenses, submitting required reports, and maintaining entity records.
– Respond to inquiries from and provide required annual and periodic reports to D.C. government entities regarding N Street Village activities and properties, including but not limited to the following:
o D.C. Department of Housing and Community Development Portfolio Asset Management Division
o D.C. Department of Housing and Community Development Office of Program Monitoring
o D.C. Housing Authority
o D.C. Office of Tax and Revenue
o D.C. Department of Small and Local Business Development
o D.C. Department of Employment Services
– Review government contracts and track compliance items related to operations, human resources, and finance activities. Ensure that operations information is delivered as requested to support periodic contract audits.
-Assist Chief Operating Officer with collecting and delivering project information to investors and lenders as requested.
-Make recommendations and develop tools to support compliance improvement and to ensure consistency with regulatory requirements and changing operations.
-Audit and monitor data, systems, and processes for compliance to policies and laws.
-Obtain Certificates of Good Standing and other required proof of compliance documents as needed.
-Perform inspections and assessments in support of risk management protocol as requested by the Chief Operating Officer.
-Maintain all compliance records.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, or a related field. Paralegal training a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines. Project management experience a plus.
- Self-reliant, critical thinker, good problem solver with a results orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Previous experience in a compliance capacity preferred. Familiarity with Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program or other affordable housing programs a plus.
- Previous experience working for a nonprofit preferred.
- Values commensurate with an interfaith community committed to providing inclusive services without regard to race, religion, physical or mental ability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Hours of Work: This position is full time (40 hours/week) involving regular evening and periodic weekend shifts as well as holiday coverage in rotation with other staff. Occasional coverage of overnight or other shifts as necessary. Attendance at team meetings and trainings is expected
N Street Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates are encouraged to apply.