About N Street Village N Street Village is a community of empowerment and recovery for homeless and low-income women in Washington, D.C. With comprehensive services addressing both emergency and long-term needs, N Street Village helps women achieve stability and make meaningful gains in their housing, income, employment, mental health, physical health, and addiction recovery. N Street Village also provides affordable rental housing for low and moderate-income individuals and families. The Village raises over 50% of its budget through private sources and is positioned for growth. Please visit our website for more information at: www.nstreetvillage.org
Primary Duty/Role: The Events Manager is responsible for planning all aspects of large fundraising events from concept, communications and creative, to donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. The Events Manager also provides administrative, fundraising database, and ad hoc support for the Development team. A minimum of 2 years prior event planning and direct experience in non-profit fundraising is required. This is a full time, exempt position with a benefits package.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Executes all aspects of key fundraising events, including Annual Gala, Luncheon, Fall event and Young Professionals/Impact Committee; Activities include: pre and post event donor cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgement and stewardship; all event creative ; committee recruitment and engagement; managing budgets and timelines ; coordinating function space and vendors; program communications; board engagement and communication; registration and day-of logistics including volunteer management.
- Responsible for event communication collateral design and development, including video production.
- Coordinates and manages the Annual Gala’s silent and/or online auction(s), including soliciting and obtaining packages, overseeing auction committees, organizing with the online auction platform, day-of silent auction logistics, managing silent auction volunteers, running a smooth check-out, and closing out remaining auction items and packages post-event.
- Coordinates and assists all 3rd party events and tribute fundraising events.
- Provides internal support for Development offices including billing, event specific fundraising database entry, moves management activities, and general office support.
- Oversees The N Street Village Impact Committee by managing a group of ~30 young professionals by liaising between the committee and the organization, attending and managing 5+ committee-led events per year, maintaining and evaluating committee progress, leading committee meetings, and being the chief motivator for committee growth and progress.
- Promote N Street Village through on and off-site presentation.
- Oversees recruitment and management of seasonal interns.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Experience successfully planning and executing creative events with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Superb ability to lead and motivate groups, particularly volunteers.
- Proven non-profit fundraising/development track record including the ability to build relationships and secure philanthropic support from individuals including: setting realistic goals, developing strategies for prospects, prioritizing activities, asking for gifts, and ability for bringing the mission of N Street Village to the forefront of all internal and community events/event fundraising.
- Experience designing, developing and publishing event material and collateral including print, web, video and other media.
- Capacity to liase between multiple event venues, vendors, and/or sponsors with a degree of organization that keeps the momentum and enthusiasm for our mission paramount.
- Highly organized and proactive. Possesses the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects while addressing any issues or conflicts that may arise.
- Excellent ability to develop and maintain respectful rapport with clients and co-workers from diverse backgrounds.
- Values commensurate with an interfaith community committed to providing inclusive services to women without regard to race, age, religion, physical or mental ability, or sexual orientation.
- Strong writing skills.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a poised, professional and confident manner.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of event planning experience preferred; HS diploma and 5 years of event planning experience required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher and PowerPoint.
- Ability to lift and carry items up to 30 pounds in weight.
- Ability to pass a drivers background check and drive a 15 passenger van preferred
Hours of Work: This position is full time (40 hours/week) exempt position involving some regular evening and periodic weekend hours.
N Street Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates are encouraged to apply.