Contract Manager Experienced
- Full Time
The National Security Agency is looking for highly motivated experienced individuals to serve as the Contract Manager/Primary Contracting Officer Representative (P-COR) and perform contract management on strategically important, high-value contracts. This position will afford the selected individual an opportunity to closely partner with Mission, Contracting, Finance, and Industry to strengthen and improve technical performance and contract outcomes, achieve cost efficiencies, and strengthen contracts management to maximize NSA's return on investment through disciplined business management principles. NOTE: While the work role for this position is Contracting Specialist, the candidate will not need to perform contracting duties such as preparing RFPs, negotiating with vendors, or awarding contracts and will not be receiving a Contracting Officer warrant.
- Not Required
- NSA will cover relocation fees for personnel who currently live outside of a 75 mile radius from Ft. Meade.
The qualifications listed are the minimum acceptable to be considered for the position. Salary offers are based on candidates' education level and years of experience relevant to the position and also take into account information provided by the hiring manager/organization regarding the work level for the position.
Entry is with a Bachelor's degree plus 3 years of relevant experience, or a Master's degree plus 1 year of relevant experience or a Doctoral degree and no experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 7 years of relevant experience, or an Associate's degree plus 5 years of relevant experience may be considered for individuals with in-depth experience that is clearly related to the position.
Degree must include at least 24 semester hours of business-related courses (i.e., accounting, business finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, and/or organizational management).
Relevant experience must be in business management (e.g., acquisition, procurement, finance, accounting, and logistics). Federal contracting experience and DAWIA Contracting II certification is preferred.
- DAWIA certification preferred.
- A broad range of business related experience (COR, Financial Management, Source Selection).
- Proven ability to partner with other organizations and individuals.
- Strong leadership, communications, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter, able to complete a myriad of tasks that need to be done with minimal direction.
- Communicating complex issues and decisions to Agency stakeholders and the ability to inspire absolute trust and confidence, in Agency partners and Industry alike, is a must.
- Acquisition; planning; collaboration; teaming; oral and written communications; resource management; time management; agility; flexibility.