(Senior) Learning and Development Program Manager (880-679)
The (Senior) Learning and Development Program Manager is a hands-on, high-impact, non-supervisory position in the Learning and Development (L&D) group within USP’s Global Human Resources department. This role will be responsible for conducting learning needs analysis, designing, developing, implementing and evaluating effective, innovative, high-quality learning solutions that increase performance and meet global, enterprise-wide learning and development needs. The (Senior) Learning and Development Program Manager will support USP’s global strategy and business priorities by leading, managing and conducting all components of the instructional design process, from analysis through implementation and evaluation. Learning solutions may include classroom, virtual, eLearning, job aids, and other performance-based solutions that are appropriate for the targeted audiences and incorporate varied techniques to meet the business needs. In addition, this role will support the Director, Learning and Development with planning and implementation of USP L&D strategy.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develops and conducts needs analysis to define performance gaps, identify root cause(s) of the gaps and recommends learning and non-learning solutions for closing the gaps.
- Designs, develops, implements and delivers custom and off-the-shelf learning and development solutions that address results from needs assessments and short and long term objectives of USP. Ensures that learning solutions comply with established budget, policies, procedures and corporate culture.
- Develops training materials, including user guides, participant guides, facilitator guides, presentations, job aids, quick-reference guides, learning activities, assessments, e-learning story boards and audio scripts using sound instructional design principles.
- Collaborates with global stakeholders, vendors and consultants to design and implement learning and development solutions. Develops tools and materials that support implementation and puts evaluation and measurement tools in place to assess success and identify areas for continuous improvement.
- Manages implementation and roll out of learning and development solutions: assigning appropriate audiences, determining and coordinating scheduling and logistics, procuring equipment, coordinating the development and distribution of communications, conducting pilots, identifying and recognizing needed edits and revisions, testing functionality of eLearning resources and solutions, evaluating effectiveness and facilitating improvements, vendor management, etc.
- Completes project management tasks including creating and maintaining project plans, managing project team members to meet established project goals and milestones, coordinate and facilitate project team meetings and communications, etc. Manages multiple projects with competing interests ensuring high quality deliverables are produced in a timely manner.
- Conducts quality assurance reviews of own and other’s work to include spelling, grammar, formatting, layout, etc.
- Develops evaluation process and tools, monitors and reports on the effectiveness of development programs by establishing relevant evaluation metrics and collection capabilities; demonstrates use of continuous quality improvement in daily work and operations.
- Creates and maintains learning and development resources in the learning management system to ensure accurate offerings, catalogs and assignments to comply with ISO and training records SOP requirements and reporting.
- Conducts and facilitates training, workshops and teambuilding as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, or Education related discipline or related field.
Learning and Development Program Manager:
- At least five years’ experience in instructional design methodologies, project management and facilitation in a learning and development, organizational development, human performance improvement and/or human resources environment.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience applying all steps in the ADDIE model or similar performance improvement methodology.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience using Microsoft Office, Visio, Webex, Learning Management Systems, and authoring tools such as Storyline, Captivate, etc.
(Senior) Learning and Development Program Manager:
- At least eight years of progressive experience in instructional design methodologies, project management and facilitation in a learning and development, organizational development, human performance improvement and/or human resources environment.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience applying all steps in the ADDIE model or similar performance improvement methodology.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience using Microsoft Office, Visio, Webex, Learning Management Systems, and authoring tools such as Storyline, Captivate, etc.
- Proven ability to plan and manage projects and multiple priorities concurrently with strong results/goal orientation. Adaptable to changing priorities.
- Ability to operate in a team environment as well as independently to complete work assignments using solid time management skills.
- Ability to proactively manage issues, risks, potential challenges and barriers and when to escalate them. Must be solutions-oriented.
- Strong research skills with eye for quality and attention to detail while keeping strategy and broader objectives at forefront.
- Ability to influence without direct authority.
- Skill in maintaining confidences regarding sensitive situations and information.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, as well as excellent listening skills; ability to communicate and interact with all levels of the organization including senior management.
- Ability to present, facilitate, and build and foster a safe and inclusive learning environment, address difficult questions, and handle difficult/disruptive participants if needed.
- Able to establish and nurture relationships with individuals of varying backgrounds and learning styles.
- On-going membership and participation in learning community groups such as ATD, ISPI and eLearning Guild.
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular