Director of Marketing
Worldwide Assurance for Employees of Public Agencies (WAEPA), founded in 1943, is a successful non-profit membership, affinity-insurance TPA voluntary employee beneficiary association (VEBA) recognized as tax exempt under Section 501(c)9 of the Internal Revenue Code. WAEPA provides life insurance, financial service benefits, and other benefit programs to federal civilian employees. Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Marketing is responsible for managing WAEPA’s overall brand, communications, and activities related to the acquisition and retention of members, the successful provision of benefit programs for members, diversifying our revenue streams, and delivering content that reflects our brand.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for developing and executing a programming and content strategy which will attract WAEPA members, ensure the success of WAEPA’s benefit programs for members, and diversify revenue. This includes the planning and delivery of website, digital strategy and online program development, webinars, and other content. The Director of Marketing will directly supervise a team of two and have significant budget responsibility while coordinating activities with other WAEPA departments and outside vendors.
WAEPA is located in Falls Church, Virginia with excellent employee benefits including health, life and retirement programs. Holidays follow the Federal Government. Parking is included.
Member/Insured Acquisition, Retention, and Benefit Programs Communications
- Manage WAEPA’s brand and ensure it is consistently implemented across website, social media and other communications platforms by working closely with marketing, public affairs and external vendors.
- Achieve membership goals by overseeing WAEPA’s member/insured acquisition and retention activities and coordinating plans for annual recruitment campaigns with internal staff and external vendors.
- Continue current efforts for tracking and attributing results of marketing campaigns, determine avenues for lead generation and coordinate initial and follow-up communications with other departments.
- Coordinate production of electronic, digital, and print-related membership pieces with internal resources and external vendors.
- Integrate Conference program into overall marketing efforts to maximize brand visibility and increase membership.
- Work with media vendors in digital, print, online, radio and television channels (broadcast media is a growing part of WAEPA’s marketing portfolio).
- Supervise one Manager of Marketing and one other staff. Delegate work as appropriate to achieve goals. Proactively promote the growth and professional development of staff.
- Work closely with other WAEPA staff to understand how membership and marketing supports their goals.
- Regularly communicate with direct reports and provide feedback on activities and performance throughout the year, including performance reviews.
- Develop and maintain WAEPA’s budgets related to membership, marketing, communications, and other related activities, including accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Oversee work performed by outside vendors in accordance with signed contracts and statements of work.
Required Education and Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in management, marketing, communications, or related fields. Master’s preferred.
- 7- 10 years of experience in association and/or affinity insurance marketing management. Must be able to demonstrate understanding of both insurance and affinity insurance industries.
- Must have demonstrated experience managing people, projects, and budgets; digital and social media, TV, and print advertising; and with marketing and sales of membership and insurance.
- Both management and direct project work required, must be willing to lead and participate in roll-up-the-sleeves in a fast paced, growth oriented organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills required. Must be able to engage with members to understand their concerns and identify how WAEPA may be able to assist.
- Creative approaches to problem solving are required.
- Ability to simultaneously coordinate a variety of projects, shifting priorities and work within budget and deadlines is required.
Submit resume with cover letter detailing interest and qualifications, along with salary requirements by email, indicating position title (Director of Marketing) to: email@example.com