Sr Systems Engineer -- Ft Belvoir, VA -- TS/SCI
Results-driven professional designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Participates in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements.
4. Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
5-8 years of related systems engineering experience.
This position works closely with Government staff in the engineering of mission systems and networks. This position requires moderate expertise and current understanding of a variety of IT technologies to include Microsoft systems, virtualization, storage and how all these relate.
1. Analyzes customer requirements to develop accurate technical specifications and engineering recommendations.
2. Assists with engineering solutions for customer mission systems.
3. Assists in the creation and updating of system documentation.
4. Monitors and troubleshoots systems and networks during implementation of engineering solutions before transition to O&M.
5. Provides 3rd level support once service desk personnel have exhausted ability to resolve issues.
6. Provides recommendations on technical solutions.
7. Supports project managers during all phases of project management.
A minimum of a current DoD 8570.1 IAT level 2 certification such as CompTIA Security+ CE in addition to a technical certification in a relevant application/OS/networking environment where elevated privileges will be granted.
ITIL Foundation certification required within 6 months of hire.
Working knowledge of Visio is preferred.
Active TS/SCI clearance required.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.
With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.