Higher Education Software Sales
The ChronicleVitae.com is seeking a highly-motivated Account Executive to drive the growth of Vitae Recruiter Tool, a SaaS recruitment tool for higher education institutions. This is a hunter role, not an account manager. The Account Executive will tap into potential client opportunities and generate new business by understanding client talent needs and drive the effective implementation and adoption of Vitae’s digital talent solutions to reach their objectives. In this role, you’ll consult with clients and drive sales in the West Coast region. This role is responsible for meeting or exceeding quarterly quotas and growing market share.
Launched by The Chronicle of Higher Education in 2013, ChronicleVitae.com is now the largest online community of higher education professionals. The Vitae Recruiter Tool offers higher education institutions access to this community to find and hire the best talent for both faculty and staff openings.
Location: Washington DC
Territory: West Coast
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for the management of the sales process from working directly with a lead generation associate for leads to closing sales through to final account set up.
- Maintain a high level of daily outbound activity to generate leads
- Prospect and work on outbound and inbound leads to build pipeline and grow strong relationships with prospects.
- Be familiar with competitive Websites and talent solutions and be able to effectively communicate Vitae’s value proposition to our clients and prospects.
- Consult with clients to present Vitae Recruiter tool and recruitment solutions that will allow us to significantly grow Vitae Recruiter sales.
- Develop and execute on a strategic plan for the territory and document and distribute competitive information.
- Listen and learn the needs of the market, sharing insights with product and marketing teams.
- Work directly with inside staff and through our sales information systems to identify revenue opportunities.
- Develop and expand opportunities to leverage purchases across academe.
- Close new business consistently at or above quota level.
Who you are:
- 3+ years experience in online product sales, with demonstrated and verifiable track record of meeting and exceeding revenue expectations.
- SaaS sales experience
- Experience generating new business and building a book of business from scratch.
- Superior sales, presentation and relationship management skills. Articulate and professional presentation style.
- Consultative sales experience is required.
- Strong negotiation and accurate forecasting skills.
- Ability to travel approximately 30% of the time.
- Ability to work with Salesforce and other sales information systems.
- Bachelor’s degree and completion of formal sales training.
Preferred knowledge and experience:
- Selling recruiting, recruitment media, or human resources software.
- Understanding of the higher education system and buying process
- Start-up or entrepreneurial background
Interested candidates should send a resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Account Executive” in the subject heading.
The Chronicle is based in Washington, D.C. Our salaries are competitive and our benefits are among the best in the business, including 24 days of paid vacation.