Senior Security Engineer
Senior Security Engineer
Are you a Cyber Security expert who enjoys solving complex problems? Would you be interested in joining a team of cyber security pros who are experts at their craft? Do you have expertise with firewalls, Network Architecture, SIEM tools and system hardening? If yes, we want to talk with you!
I am representing a boutique cyber security firm that is run by a team of former White House and federal agency cyber security professionals. They’re leveraging cutting edge cyber security tools and best practices, and they’re looking to bring on a senior resource to support their growing practice.
As a Senior Security Engineer on this program, you will perform the following activities to deliver solutions and services to our customers:
- Assist client technical staff in implementing or optimizing new cybersecurity capabilities such as vulnerability management systems, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, or log management infrastructure.
- Evaluate and compare commercial products to meet specific client needs. Perform cost/benefit analysis and provide clear recommendations based on the specific client environment.
- Review and critique network and network security solutions, applying your knowledge and experience to evaluate compliance with operational and mission requirements, such as scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, flexibility, availability, and manageability
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Networking, Cybersecurity or related technical field
Five (5) years of experience in the following areas:
- Enterprise firewall administration including installation, maintenance, and rule management
- Windows server and workstation hardening through configuration and host-based security software (e.g. host-based firewalls, antimalware, application whitelisting).
- Network architecture and segmentation analysis and knowledge of networking concepts such as VLANs, routing, and encrypted tunnels.
- Administration of centralized logging tools and/or Security Information and Event Management Systems (SIEMs).
- Coding in any modern language (e.g. Ruby, Perl, Python, Go, C#)
- Ability to communicate technical topics in clearly and in in a way understandable to a non-technical audience
- Linux and common command line tools
- Windows server administration and associated management tools
- Experience with Splunk and Palo Alto products
- Experience with email gateways such as Ironport or Proofpoint
- Experience with web gateways such as Forcepoint (Websense) or Bluecoat
- Experience with Web Application Firewalls (WAF) such as F5 ASM or Imperva
Qualified candidates should send their resume OR call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!