5 days left
- Full Time
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
These positions are being filled under Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA) for Defense Acquisition Workforce Positions and Health Care Occupations. The Secretary of the Air Force has delegated authority by the Office Of the Secretary of Defense to directly appoint individuals to select defense acquisition workforce positions, or 'EHA Acquisition,' pursuant to the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) and certain health care occupations, or 'EHA Medical.' Positions are located Air Force-Wide. Positions may be filled as permanent or term with a full-time or part-time work schedule. Pay will vary by geographic location.
This Public Notice is to gather applications which may or may not result in a referral or selection.
This Public Notice may be used to fill positions in other equivalent pay systems (i.e., NH, NJ, NK).
Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
GS-05: At least 3 years, 1 year of which was equivalent to at least GS-4 General Experience, OR a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree, OR a combination of education and general experience.
GS-07: One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-05 level. Examples: Analyzes and resolves routine problems, assists in preparing reports and briefings, participates in special initiatives, studies and projects, OR one full year of graduate level education,OR superior academic achievement, if related, OR a combination of education and experience.
GS-09: One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-07 level. Such as compiles findings and makes recommendations for development and implementation of procedures for financial management and budgeting functions, OR a master's or equivalent graduate degree OR 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D., if related, OR a combination of education and experience.
GS-11: One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-09 level. Examples: Reviews and approves/disapproves, modifying as necessary, budgetary actions, OR a PhD or equivalent doctoral degree, OR 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. J.D., if related, OR a combination of education and experience.
GS-12: One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 level. Specialized experience is experience which may have been gained while performing day-to-day control and management involving the formulation, execution and/or analysis of the organizations budget and funding requirements.
GS-13: One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 level. Examples: Provide strategy and planning for assuring directorate resources maintain focus on customer requirements. Researches, learns, and applies a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods to identify, access, analyze, and improve team effectiveness, efficiency, and work products.
GS-14: One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-13 level. Examples: Establishes policies and procedures for establishing and maintaining the portfolio, finance systems, funds distribution and financial execution reviews and audits. Directs research to identify and analyze trends in the use of funds and evaluates the effects of continuing portfolio, organization and program changes in financial systems.
GS-15: One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-14 level. Examples: Establishes policies and procedures for establishing and maintaining the portfolio, finance systems, funds distribution and financial execution reviews and audits. Directs research to identify and analyze trends in the use of funds and evaluates the effects of continuing portfolio, organization and program changes in financial systems.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of commonly used budgetary methods, practices, procedures, regulations, policies, and processes to formulate, justify, and execute assigned budget.
2. Knowledge of automated data processing software programs and capabilities used to accomplish budget/funding tasks.
3. Skill in gathering, assembling, and analyzing source of factual information, such as that found in accounting reports, payroll records, work reports, or inventory and supply data.
4. Ability to analyze and evaluate program effectiveness problems, trends, and significant program accomplishments.
5. Skill in preparing written forms, schedules, and reports related to the obligation and expenditures of funds.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY: You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Position may be subject to random drug testing
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required
- Employee must maintain current certifications
- Position may require an appropriate security clearance
- Budget analyst performing day-to-day control and management involving the formulation, execution, and/or analysis of the organization's budget and funding requirements.
- Serving as the functional point of contact for day-to-day budget/financial issues.
- Performing budget formulation work involving review and preparation of budget estimates and financial plans. Performing budget execution and administration work involving the monitoring of obligations incurred and the actual expenditures of funds.
- Providing advice, assistance, and guidance on budgeting and related information and conducting analyses, reviews, and special studies of budget and/or related information.
- Using budgetary and other automated system(s) and computer-generated products in accomplishing budgeting/funding assignments. Planning, organizing, and directing budget activities, ensuring organization complies with legal and regulatory requirements and meet unit equipment and specialized training needs.
This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
Duties and responsibilities vary and may increase according to grade level.
This public notice may be used to fill target grades (e.g. GS-05 Target GS-15).
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.