Administrative Coordinator, O'Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law - Georgetown Unive
7 days left
- Full Time
Administrative Coordinator, O'Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law - Georgetown University Law Center
The O'Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law at Georgetown University Law Center is the premier center for health law, scholarship, and policy. Its mission is to contribute to a more powerful and deeper understanding of the multiple ways in which law can be used to improve the public's health, using objective evidence as a measure. The O'Neill Institute seeks to advance scholarship, science, research, and teaching that will encourage key decision-makers in the public, private, and civil society to employ the law as a positive tool for enabling more people in the United States and throughout the world to lead healthier lives.
The Administrative Coordinator, reporting to the Institute's Executive Director, assists in administrative operations both complex and routine, in duties that include but are not limited to:
Front Desk Management
- Serves as primary representative of the O'Neill Institute, receiving visitors and callers of all types, including current students, prospective students, parents, GU staff, external constituents, and distinguished guests.
- Provides program, procedural, and directional information, and refers to other offices/ departments as appropriate.
- Manages appointments and requests for communication with Directors - for example, calendar management and travel coordination.
- Maintains administrative process memos and other associated materials, ensuring information is current and relevant.
- Maintains professional appearance of front desk area and conference room for guests/events.
- Coordinates all administrative distribution and mail processes for the Institute.
- Manages ordering of business cards and stationary for members of the Institute.
- Maintains the Institute's annual supply budget and ensures stock of routine office supplies.
Communications and Event Coordination
- Serves and internal communications point with Deputy Director.
- Performs Institute and project-related event coordination.
LL.M. Program Support
- Coordinates LL.M. specific communications.
- Coordinates LL.M. specific events.
- Serves as the administrative point person for prospective students, current students, and alumni, under the direction and in support of the Global Health Law Program Director.
Financial Administration Support
- Serves as Requisitioner and Journal Preparer in Georgetown Management System (GMS).
- Processes invoices and payments to O'Neill Institute suppliers, handles initial inquiries with Financial Affairs (GULC and/or Main), and alerts the Manager of Finance and Administration to inquiries requiring additional follow-up.
- Prepares financial documents for institute budgets under supervision of Manager of Finance and Administration.
Human Resources Support
- Assists the Deputy Director and assigned Institute Associates & Fellows in recruiting and hiring Research Assistants, Institute staff, and fellows.
- Administers the hiring and training coordination for the Semester/Summer Research Assistant (RA)
- Maintains timesheet records for hourly employees, according to Georgetown Law policies and procedures; and serves as the Timekeeper in GMS for the Student RA supervisory organization.
- Organizes travel for candidates (as applicable/funded) and reimburses candidates for travel according to Georgetown and O'Neill policy.
- Assists Manager of Finance and Administration in processing hiring paperwork.
- Bachelor's degree
- 1 - 2 years of office management experience, preferably in a non-profit organization setting, with at least 1 of those years in events management and coordination
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to implement processes and to spot check to verify they are being followed
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal, communications, and organizational skills
- Detail orientation, the ability to multi-task, and a “get it done” approach
- Sensitivity to confidential materials
- Ability to work independently and to work well in a team environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to complete all duties without direct supervision after training
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Please select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.