The qualified individual will be responsible for SAP Business Objects application installation, deployment, configuration, integration, and maintenance of the system. He/She needs to design and create systems and technical guides and be able to suggest and / or follow technical decisions for complex information systems. Performs engineering studies, research, and write ups for Business Objects configuration and troubleshooting. Provide senior technical mentoring and knowledge transfer as needed, and to junior technical personnel and be able to troubleshoot complex issues with creativity and stamina. Be available for after-hours support to as needed to ensure high availability for Production Servers.
* Designs Business Objects Infrastructure, Integration, Security and Systems Architecture
* Writes Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), Product Insertion Guide, and Configuration Recommendation white papers
* Performs CMS cluster configuration, CMS sizing and load balancing
* Configures BOXI SSO and war file deployment
* Performs BOXI /JAVA patch and upgrade installation
* Creates Business Objects reports and administering Ad-Hoc queries
* Troubleshoots Universe connection issues and server communication issue
* Diagnose and resolves BOXI and application issues
* Must be able to write, modify, and tune up programs using JAVA Enterprise SDK; JAVA Report Application Server (RAS) SDK; JAVA Report Engine SDK; Java Web Service SDK; JAVA Universe Designer SDK and JAVA Desktop Intelligence SDK
* Create processes, templates, and tools to ensure consistent application, evaluation, and use of architecture best practices
* Defines and implements application level architecture design
* Trouble-shoots production systems at expert level and should be able to perform/write up Root Cause Analysis of complex issues
* Provides guidance at expert level in performance tuning of BOXI application server
* Work in coordination with other Engineers to lead the Production support of applications in an ITIL-centric environment
* Writes specifications, how-to documentation, test plans, test reports and best-practices
* Identifies and consults with internal technical resources to produce strategic designs
* Provides operational support for web and application systems
* Monitors application to ensure systems are meeting ongoing business needs
* Works with development team to model and develop the presentation layer in a manner that is optimized for Business Objects Universe development, with specific emphasis on end-user analytic self service
* Troubleshoots report issues.
* Provides support on users help desk issues at a T3 level
* Effective writing and communication skills
* Perform weekend server maintenance
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
* Possesses expert knowledge of Business Objects (BOXI) BI 4.x system administration in AIX
* Possesses expert knowledge of WebSphere and deployment of BOXI 3.1 or BI 4+ on WebSphere
* Possesses understanding in great depth of web-tier and associated technologies
* Possesses SDK programming skills
* Requires competence in all phases of the life cycle, systems analysis techniques, concepts and methods
* Requires knowledge of hardware and management practices
* Comfortable with various trace and troubleshooting tools such as Wireshark, Fiddler
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.