Versatile Contracts Specialist
Sparks Group has partnered with a growing, economically disadvantaged, woman-owned (8m), veteran-owned management consulting company, to identify tenured Contracts Specialists for a long-term contract with a federal agency. Very competitive compensation and benefits package! This is an opportunity to support an agency with a fantastic mission in great locations nationwide!
The ideal candidate will have 8+ years of cradle-to-grave federal contracts administration experience and will possess working knowledge of the FAR and agency supplements.
- Experience in purchasing supplies or services primarily through formal advertising, or through limited use of negotiation techniques
- Knowledge of basic procurement procedures and techniques to carry out recurring assignments involving use of the formal advertised method
- Skill to perform analysis of quote or proposals received, to include strict compliance with specifications on advertised procurements and recommending award
- Knowledge of negotiated procurement procedures, and the laws, regulations, and precedents governing procurements by this method, to perform developmental assignments or segments of large procurement actions
- Skills in solving practical problems relating to commodity usage, interchangeabilities, and pricing matters as they relate to the development of specifications or to contract administration involving product quality
- Knowledge to determine that proper specifications or purchase descriptions are included in solicitation documents
- Knowledge to select clauses to cover special conditions, such as inspection and acceptance, marking and packaging, quantity variation, price differential, or transportation costs; reviews procurement requests to determine if the procurement can be performed by small business.
- 8+ years of contracting experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in lieu of a degree
- DAWIA or FAC-C certifications are highly preferred
- Secret clearance preferred, but not required
- Working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation, specifically Part 15
- Experience with IDIQ, FFP, T&M, cost-reimbursable, and GSA Schedule contracts
- Knowledge of various contract methods to include simplified acquisitions, sealed bidding, cost-sharing and commercial items and special provisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Qualified candidates should send their resume OR call Sparks Group at 703-821-2650 for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!
Apply for Versatile Contracts Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly