Versatile Contracts Specialist
Sparks Group has partnered with a growing, economically disadvantaged, woman-owned (8m), veteran-owned management consulting company, to identify tenured Contracts Specialists for a long-term contract with a federal agency. Very competitive compensation and benefits package! This is an opportunity to support an agency with a fantastic mission in great locations nationwide!
The ideal candidate will have 8+ years of cradle-to-grave federal contracts administration experience and will possess working knowledge of the FAR and agency supplements.
- Experience in purchasing supplies or services primarily through formal advertising, or through limited use of negotiation techniques
- Knowledge of basic procurement procedures and techniques to carry out recurring assignments involving use of the formal advertised method
- Skill to perform analysis of quote or proposals received, to include strict compliance with specifications on advertised procurements and recommending award
- Knowledge of negotiated procurement procedures, and the laws, regulations, and precedents governing procurements by this method, to perform developmental assignments or segments of large procurement actions
- Skills in solving practical problems relating to commodity usage, interchangeabilities, and pricing matters as they relate to the development of specifications or to contract administration involving product quality
- Knowledge to determine that proper specifications or purchase descriptions are included in solicitation documents
- Knowledge to select clauses to cover special conditions, such as inspection and acceptance, marking and packaging, quantity variation, price differential, or transportation costs; reviews procurement requests to determine if the procurement can be performed by small business.
- 8+ years of contracting experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in lieu of a degree
- DAWIA or FAC-C certifications are highly preferred
- Secret clearance preferred, but not required
- Working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation, specifically Part 15
- Experience with IDIQ, FFP, T&M, cost-reimbursable, and GSA Schedule contracts
- Knowledge of various contract methods to include simplified acquisitions, sealed bidding, cost-sharing and commercial items and special provisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Qualified candidates should send their resume OR call Sparks Group at 703-821-2650 for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!