The successful candidate for the Graphic Design position is a professionally trained designer with at least 4 years of experience in an agency or in-house environment. On a day-to-day basis, duties will fluctuate between print, web, publication design, and exhibit design; therefore, a well-rounded candidate is ideal for this position.
- Create design concepts for an expansive suite of marketing, event and advertising materials.
- Utilize web design principles to create website mockups and graphics in Photoshop and Illustrator; developing innovative design solutions that fit seamlessly into a full marketing campaign will be key for this position (this includes e-mails, banner ads, and info graphics).
- Think conceptually and consistently execute a creative vision based on branding guidelines.
- Utilize expert level knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design
- At least 4 years of experience working in an in-house design department, agency, or design firm
- Ability to create both print and digital designs following industry best standards
- Can provide a portfolio of work that includes a healthy balance of projects in print and web design. These projects could include: digital advertising, web-ready graphics, web design, large publication, magazine layout design, direct mail, printed brochures, digital animation, environmental graphics, or trade show booths.
- Not required but pluses include agency experience, Adobe After Effects, exhibit and event design, WordPress experience
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Expert level knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Software
- Able to work on a Mac-based computer system
- Expert level knowledge of Adobe InDesign’s master pages and style sheets
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Have a solid understanding of design principles including: layout, typography, color, balance, composition, and current design trends
- Work constructively in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Learn from, handle, and apply constructive creative feedback
- Think conceptually and consistently to execute a creative vision based on branding guidelines
- Be detail-oriented, with excellent organizational/communication skills
- Have a proactive work ethic
- Be a team player
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
EOE/minorities, women, persons with disabilities, veterans with disabilities and Vietnam veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply for Graphic Designer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly