Supervisor of Student Account Operations
Supervisor of Student Account Operations
Office of Student Accounts
Exempt, Regular, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 1.3
University of Maryland University College seeks a Supervisor of Student Account Operations. Reporting to the Director of Student Accounts Operations.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provides oversight of OSA Operations Analyst job duties including; payment plan administration, stop payment reissue requests, service indicator auditing, 1098-T responses; suggesting, recommending, and implementing new or revised procedures, practices or changes; provides Level III customer service, discussing account information with responsible parties via phone, email and tickets, analyzing accounts to determine accuracy; working with Third Party Vendors to resolve or assist with the resolution of student escalations via ticketing system; responding to inquiries in a timely and accurate manner; and adhering to department standards for quality and turnaround. (40%)
- Trains new hires on Operations Analyst policies and procedures; provides on-going training, development and guidance to the team based on management's discretion; and assists with evaluating performance. Serve as the team lead and the primary contact person for team escalations (2nd level). Fosters team and individual growth through coaching and mentoring, by encouraging collaboration among team members. Articulates and promotes the team's work, ensuring that work meets established standards of quantity or quality (30%)
- Coordinates and submits daily and monthly reports for the unit; maintains and provides data and statistics on a daily, weekly, and/or monthly basis. Advises the Director and other management staff regarding policies, trends, and interpretation of data and program needs; serves as back up to the Director for reporting of OSA operations statistics, monitors and provides feedback pertaining to third-party vendor processes and concerns; responsible for maintaining and monitoring student surveys and outreach ensuring student satisfaction. (15%)
- Interacts with internal and external customers of the university; handling sensitive and confidential information with tact and discretion. (10%)
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Minimum of four (4) years related experience in customer service, financial operations, or related field.
- This position requires general knowledge of the Office of Student Account policies/procedures as well as the laws pertaining to debt collection; working knowledge of techniques used in collecting, compiling, and organizing data and information; and knowledge of office equipment, software, and its application. Must have ability to apply basic analytical skills; organize and execute multiple assignments under specific time constraints; ability to understand and interpret university policies and procedures; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; and establish and maintain effective working relationships.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Candidates with customer service experience working in a Bursar and/or Student Accounts environment within higher education are preferred.
- Candidates studying Accounting, Finance, Business or related field are preferred
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft
- Knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM software
- Knowledge of ticketing systems to communicate with students
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.