AV Technologies Manager - School of Continuing Studies
AV Technologies Manager - School of Continuing Studies
Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies (SCS) fulfills the university's educational mission by offering a wide range of degree programs and applied learning experiences to a broad and inclusive community of students and professionals. The educational programs found within Georgetown SCS combine theory with practice through rigorous curricula led by experts in their fields, providing opportunities for students to excel academically and professionally. In keeping with Georgetown's Catholic and Jesuit heritage and values, SCS educates women and men to be self-reflective, critical thinkers who are committed to serve in greater society.
The AV Technologies Manager directly supports the teaching needs of the Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies by providing critical day-to-day management of all audio-visual equipment at the school. S/he reads, understands, and adheres to all relevant Georgetown University policies and procedures relevant to this position and makes recommendations for equipment replacement, improvements or system upgrades; and supports SCS's goal of high stakeholder satisfaction, customer service, increasing revenues and effective cost management. The AV Technologies Manager has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Maintains inventory and supplies.
- Implements, configures, and supports A/V systems; ensures that all AV equipment is fully operational; facilitates repairs or cleaning of equipment when necessary; and communicates any issues and problems to the Associate Dean of Operation.
- Maintains, cleans, and repairs equipment.
- Diagnoses issues.
- Makes recommendations for replacements and upgrades.
- Resolves hardware and software issue.
Equipment Set-up and Operation
- Liaises closely with the school's IT and Operations staff to facilitate classroom, VTC rooms, and conference room readiness and equipment usage for end-users and internal/external partners.
- Coordinates with IT staff on related IT/AV issues as needed.
- Monitors usage and facilitate support as needed.
- Provides AV support for events.
- Provides set-up, operation; troubleshoots of all AV/projection /conferencing equipment, devices, and AV systems; and oversees the set-up in conference rooms, meeting rooms, classrooms and the auditorium.
- Facilitates Video Teleconference Room usage and connectivity.
AV Systems Training and Support
- Provides AV training to staff, faculty and end-users.
- Develops, maintains, and updates training and instructional documentation.
- Develops policies and procedures relevant to equipment usage and AV capabilities.
- Supports staff on selecting appropriate technology to enhance classroom presentations.
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years of experience working with and knowledge of video equipment and software troubleshooting - to include 3+ years' experience working with projector systems and VTC systems
- Hands-on experience in system installation, configuration, and maintenance
- Knowledge of audio/video and VTC equipment installation and maintenance - for example, monitors, cameras, codex, video bridge, and connectivity to support video transmission
- Experience installing and maintaining projection equipment
- Sufficient knowledge to resolve related hardware problems in a timely manner
- Knowledge about systems software to determine if a malfunction of the equipment is in the hardware or in the software
- Ability to run diagnostic programs to locate malfunctions
- Strong problem-solving, trouble-shooting, and time-management skills, and the willingness to take initiative and lead the problem solving process
- Detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to train end-users on operation of software and equipment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well in a team oriented environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to work successfully with minimal supervision and a desire to learn new things
- Well organized with excellent documentation skills
- Knowledge of classroom technology
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Please select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.