Lead HR & Payroll Analyst, Main Campus
Lead HR & Payroll Analyst - Main Campus Operations Team
The Lead HR & Payroll Analyst has shared responsibility, along with the Office of Main Campus Academic Appointments, Student Financial Services, and the Office of the Vice Provost for Research, for the compatibility of the HCM Workday module which Main Campus needs to manage faculty, administrative staff and students within GMS. There is also responsibility for working with the Main Campus Senior Business Officer and the GMS core team to address deficiencies in functionality. Positions in the MCFO are constantly evolving to address new challenges and tasks. Specific areas of responsibilities are shifted among the members of the Main Campus Finance Office to accommodate workloads. Constant re-prioritization of duties and responsibilities is a key to success. Consequently, a flexible approach to the work is necessary; as well as an ability to see where day-to-day financial issues affect long-term issues, and vice-versa. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Reviews supporting documentation for requested payroll and personnel transactions and communicating directly with departmental administrators and colleagues if supporting documentation is insufficient; initiates these transactions into the Georgetown Management System (GMS); and ensures that transactions keyed in GMS are also reflected in the Main Campus Position Database as appropriate.
- Assesses the impacts of changes in GMS design and functionality on HCM business processes inside and outside of GMS, will works with the GMS core team and/or identifies and implements business process changes to mitigate negative operational impacts.
- Serves as an HCM resource for Main Campus administrators and responds to data and report requests as needed.
- Acts as lead HRC for the Main Campus Business Service Centers and serves as a primary resource for other Main Campus HRCs with respect to processing transactions and University and Main Campus policies regarding payroll and personnel transactions.
- Assists with the initiation and management of requests for hires, costing allocation changes, and compensation adjustments for Main Campus staff and students.
- Assists in the administration of the Main Campus with respect to payroll and personnel transactions by serving as a primary subject matter expert (SME) for the Human Capital Management (HCM) module in GMS.
- Bachelor's degree, though Master's preferred
- 3 to 5 years of progressive work experience
- Experience in payroll and HR administration - higher education experience is preferred
- Advanced Excel skills and experience working in HCM systems - preferably Workday experience
- Experience in working with senior management and handling of confidential data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and perform with diplomacy and confidence in all situations, especially those of a confidential nature and when interacting with senior University administrators
- A team player with strong time management skills, successful at prioritizing work and multi-tasking to meet deadlines
- Detail orientation with the ability to also to see the big picture
- Flexible approach to work for successful response to constant re-prioritization of duties and responsibilities
- Ability to see where day-to-day financial issues affect long-term issues, and vice-versa
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Please select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.