Support Specialist II
The Support Specialist II provides secretarial and administrative support to the assigned assistant principal/principal or director; communicates information to students, parents, staff, and/or other districts; ensures compliance with financial, legal and administrative requirements; and supports the broad array of services provided to students, parents, instructional and support employees.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Job related experience within specialized field with increasing levels of responsibility required.
- Compiles data from a variety of sources (e.g. calendars, meetings, etc.) to comply with financial, legal and/or administrative requirements.
- Composes documents (e.g. correspondence, agendas, minutes, bulletins, reports, etc.) to communicate information to school and district personnel, the public, state officials, etc.
- Coordinates a variety of programs and/or activities, as assigned (e.g. calendars, student announcements, suspensions/discipline, luncheons, emergency care cards, field trips, meetings, interviews, travel arrangements, etc.) to ensure proper notification to parents, staff, and administrators, meet staff needs and efficiently utilize personnel, equipment and facilities.
- Monitors assigned activities and/or program components (e.g. busses, athletic referrals, early dismissals, lockers, fire drills, attendance, etc.) to ensure compliance with financial, legal and/or administrative requirements.
- Performs record keeping and general and program specific clerical functions (e.g. scheduling, copying, faxing, mailings, etc.) in support of site activities.
- Prepares a variety of reports and written materials (e.g. correspondence, agendas, minutes, newsletters, bulletins, programs, etc.) to document activities, provide written reference, and/or convey information in accordance with district, state, federal and/or administrative requirements.
- Processes documents, materials and cash receipts (e.g. requisitions, schedules, purchase orders, incoming deliveries, etc.) and disseminates information and/or materials to appropriate parties.
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of internal and external parties (e.g. staff, parents, students, public agencies, etc.) to provide information, facilitate communication among department and/or provide direction as may be required.
- Supports Assistant Principal and/or other school administrative personnel with their administrative functions.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.