Part-Time Administrative Assistant I (.5 FTE)
The Administrative Assistant I provides administrative support to assigned Administrator, School or Department; establishes and maintains records; compiles and distributes materials and reports; responds to inquiries from a variety of internal and external sources. The Administrative Assistant I performs budget, finance and accounting functions of the assigned Administrator, School or Department. This position is 20 hours per week and is eligible for benefits.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Job related experience within specialized field with increasing levels of responsibility required.
- Supports assigned administrative and department personnel to assist with administrative functions and ensure an efficient and effective work environment.
- Coordinates schedules, meetings and activities in support of administrator/department staff.
- Compiles data from a variety of sources (e.g. calendars, meetings, etc.) to comply with financial, legal and/or administrative requirements.
- Uses numerous data management techniques to format, enter, edit, print, and file information.
- Performs record keeping and general and program specific clerical functions (e.g. scheduling, copying, faxing, mailings, etc.) in support of site activities and/or administrative requirements.
- Responds to a variety of inquiries from internal and external parties to provide information, direction, and facilitate communication among parties.
- Composes documents (e.g. correspondence, agendas, minutes, bulletins, reports, etc.) to communicate information to school and district personnel, the public, state officials, etc.
- Attends meetings and workshops to record events and convey or receive information.
- Enters budget and financial data and records of transactions into a computerized accounting system in accordance with proper procedures.
- Maintains accounts involving various and complex entries.
- Codes and classifies transactions involving distribution of expenditures among many classes of accounts.
- Compiles, retrieves, and reconciles monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual totals, reports, and financial statements.
- Properly handles all cash receipts/bank deposits.
- Processes bills, fees, and other payments in a timely manner.
- Informs supervisor of fund balances and requests for expenditures.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.