Entry-Level Staff Accountant
6 days left
- Full Time
SmithBucklin, a 100 percent employee-owned association management company, is looking for an entry-level Staff Accountant to join our Financial Management & Accounting Services (FMAS) team in Washington DC. Our FMAS unit provides client organizations with substantial experience, resources and proven practices in non-profit financial management, including not only a comprehensive set of accounting services, but also decision-support tools and guidance. The Staff Accountant oversees and prepares financial statements for our clients and is an integral part of the success of the organizations' financial operation. This role works closely with senior management on accounting related matters and provides analysis, research and answers questions regarding financial statements and accounting procedures.
What You Will Do
- Produce standard monthly financial statements, to include balance sheets, income statements and statement of cash flows
- Maintain each association's statements, ledgers and other required reports including the chart of accounts and budget data
- Prepare customized financial statements and reports as directed by the client
- Assist in tax and other regulatory matters
- Act as a liaison to client auditors during the annual audit (answer questions, gather supporting documentation, ensure audit report is completed on-time)
- Serve as primary contact for the client team on all financial matters
- Interact with the client team to answer questions about the financial statements and explain accounting procedures
This Role Might Be for You If…
- You are a self-starter
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have a demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- You exhibit the ability to work successfully as a team member and independently
- You show a demonstrated ability to develop, maintain and grow relationships with clients
- You possess strong project management skills (time and organization)
- You have the ability to travel up to 5% annually and work overtime as needed (around monthly financials, client year-end and audits)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited four-year institution
- 0-2 years of relevant accounting experience
- Understanding of the principals of Financial Accounting/GAAP
- Proficiency with basic computer programming, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people - regardless of position or compensation - an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.