The American Society of Human Genetics (ASHG) is expanding its staff by recruiting a Marketing Manager, who will lead ASHG’s efforts designed primarily to expand its membership base and increase attendance to its annual meeting. ASHG, founded in 1948, is the primary professional membership organization for human genetics specialists worldwide. ASHG is a nonprofit society with approximately 7,500 members.
The Marketing Manager will work closely with staff colleagues to develop, implement, and manage marketing activities designed to support ASHG’s membership recruitment and retention, annual meeting attendance, and participation in other major ASHG programs. The ideal candidate will possess demonstrated analytical marketing experience along with the ability to work with a team consisting of managers across ASHG departments. Additionally, this individual should have experience with marketing-strategy development and implementation, as well as experience using marketing tools such as Salesforce-based CRM systems and email marketing software.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Tracks, analyzes, and reports on results of marketing strategies/tactics; uses these results to evaluate effectiveness and propose modifications.
- Serves as lead administrator for the CRM database and determines relevant data to store, report, and monitor for management, Board, and committees.
- Manages content in the members-only web portal and on public membership web pages.
- Assists in conducting market research and developing marketing strategy; leads efforts to implement marketing strategy.
- Manages society mailing lists and uses email marketing software to develop effective marketing campaigns that target relevant audiences.
- Leads efforts to develop a cohesive and marketable ASHG brand and develops unified marketing themes.
- Manages and implements promotional tactics and campaigns for ASHG core customers that include the use of traditional mailings, social media, email, periodical advertising, and other relevant mediums.
- Creates promotional materials for ASHG booths at other meetings (ACMG, ESHG, others as needed) and represents ASHG at these booths (requires ~8% travel).
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in marketing
- Bachelor's degree with marketing emphasis
- Experience with CRM software (prefer experience with SalesForce)
- Experience using email marketing software like Informz, Real Magnet, or similar system
- Familiarity with web analytics and social media marketing tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using content management software and web page editing and tracking tools
The position is based at ASHG headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland. We offer excellent benefits including a 403(b) pension plan. For a detailed job description and information about how to apply, please visit: http://www.faseb.org/employment.