Five years of Meetings/Conference Management at the Federal Government level. Working knowledge of the principles and practices of meeting and event planning, travel industry operations and procedures, including air, ground and other modes of transportation.
High school diploma/or general equivalency diploma (GED).
Five or more years of Federal Meeting Planning experience.
• Negotiates property and equipment leases
• Provides ongoing analysis of expenditures to ensure adherence to budget
• Manages travel plans for conference participants
• Coordinates conference events with conference and facility staff
• Prepares conference reports
• Oversees conference expense reimbursement process
• Prepares documentation to include promotional/ registration materials, confirmations, presentations, participant list, pre-event roster, welcome letters, conference evaluation forms
• Develops and maintains conference database, verify accuracy via phone, email, fax, etc.
• Receives and records conference registrations into conference database
• Verifies onsite attendance
• Provides updated lists of participants to the client
• Reconciles registered/ confirmed participants with room reservations, resolve any discrepancies and include in status reports.
• Arranges/Coordinates air/ground transportation and hotel accommodations
• Manages and provides onsite support