Country Club Retail Manager - Tennis, Fitness and Aquatics
The Retail Manager is responsible for maintaining and overseeing a quality driven, and profitable merchandising operation with Tennis, Fitness and Aquatics merchandise that is consistent with preferences, needs and demographics of the members of Chevy Chase Club. The Retail Manager develops the merchandising philosophy and annual buying plan for all goods and accessories merchandise.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
The duties of the Retail Manager will include, but are not limited to:
1. Establish a rapport with the membership by assisting and servicing their retail needs.
2. Present a diverse and desirable array of apparel and accessories in line with member needs, preferences and sales patterns.
3. Develop professional relationships with vendors focusing on keeping our retail operations on the leading edge of new offerings.
4. Develop and execute general and seasonal merchandise plans, visual presentation guidelines, open-to-buy plans, and pricing strategies.
5. Maintain and manage the receipt and flow of merchandise purchases within the established buying plan.
6. Oversee and manage the merchandising floor plan and stock rotation/presentation on a regular basis.
7. Create sales and promotional plans to meet monthly and annualized sales goals for gross volume and gross profit.
8. Conduct accurate and timely physical inventory counts on a monthly basis; update the POS system and all required reconciliation activities.
9. Forecast financial performance based on current trends, and knowledge of future events impacting business.
10. Develop and implement necessary systems and internal controls to safeguard inventory and assets to reduce loss from theft, pilferage, defective/damaged goods returns and markdowns.
11. Analyze sales and trends to determine additional needed sales promotions, markdowns and clearance sales.
12. Attend approved merchandise buying shows and conferences within the limits of the budget.