National Press Club
The National Press Club is a 108 year old, world-renowned institution that hosts over 2,000 events per year that include heads of state, politicians, sports figures, entertainers, and champions of business. It contains over 14,000 sq. ft of meeting space and an overall staff of 105 employees.
SUMMARY: This position manages and assists in directing the Banquet Department, activities, and staff to ensure effective and profitable operation and growth; ensures that quality service is provided to all clients, guests and members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Implements and monitors service procedures and operating policies in both restaurants and banquets.
- Maintains food and beverage history including but not limited to sales mix and history, actual/potential costs, bar stock, and production time.
- Manages event staffing and scheduling including but not limited to wait staff, porters, and housekeeping staff.
- Interfaces with catering, audiovisual, and kitchen departments/staff to coordinate food and beverage services, room and communication equipment requirements.
- Interfaces with all appropriate staff to ensure collaborative, efficient, effective service that responds to client needs and staff/property requirements.
- Works at events to direct staff and outside vendors and ensure events are executed in an efficient manner; expedites all problems and emergencies.
- Ensures that all materials/equipment required for event are in place; rectifies any deficiencies.
- Assists in development of internal and external promotional materials and invitations/ announcements as needed.
- Maintains visibility and accessibility to patrons, staff, and vendors; maintains effective communication with all staff to ensure restaurant is performing at established standards.
- Assists staff with job functions as needed to ensure optimum service to all guests.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
Supervises banquet event staff, restaurant staff, porters and housekeepers
- 0 - 2 years related experience or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in staff supervision.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Proficient on JONAS management software, MS Office, MS Publisher.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook.
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Prolonged standing and walking
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
Position requires weekend scheduling and a flexibility to cover various shifts.
The National Press Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position includes Health, Dental, Vision, 401k match, flex spending benefits, paid federal holidays off, profit sharing, and life insurance..
Please send resume and cover letter to Mdominguez@press.org and Ddeem@press.org . No Phone Calls