Subject Matter Expert - Air Curriculum
5 days left
- Full Time
Technician duties and tasks:
1. Assists in the planning, design, and development of the following: testing material, courseware displays, instructional design, associated curriculum content and supporting technical documentation. The Technician uses commercially available software and IMAT.Explore to meet product specifications and will develop project management schedules. The ability to perform training situation analysis, training evaluations or other front end analysis elements, if required.
2. Associated tasks: Tests courseware development tools, courseware products, and software interfaces.
3. Participates in all aspects of Integrated Product Team (IPT) planning, requirements discussions, courseware and product reviews, and demonstrations.
4. Collaborates with software and system engineers on characteristics that affect software systems operation and user interfaces to resolve incompatibilities.
5. Authors technical and software documentation such as user manuals, instructor guides, student guides, and training materials using appropriate software (e.g. AIM or MS Word).
6. Troubleshoots problems, provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates or Bachelor's Degree (preferred), or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
Experience required: E-7/E-8 with 20 years' experience as a Naval Aircrewman in at least one of the following communities- P-8 (or P-3C), MH-60R, MTOC, TOC (or TSC and MOCC), or the S-3B with another platform; and a Navy training background (examples: NEC 9502, or MTS; training supervisory positions etc.]. Documented NEC backgrounds include: (7835, 7836, 7846, 7861, 7862, 7873, 7875, 7876)
Skillset desired: current (or former) Enlisted Naval Aircrewman (E-7, E-8) in the AWO and/or AWR specialties of the Naval Aircrewman rating, for example a P-8/P-3C Non-Acoustic Sensor Operator (EWO/SS3), MH-60R, or TOC/MTOC operators, or S-3B Multisensory Operator (multiplatform experience if possible). A background in Navy training, examples include: instructor duty (Master Training Specialist (MTS) a plus), course supervisor; or billets involving curriculum management or Aviation Training requirements [examples CNATTU, CNATT, CNATRA, NAVAIR, CNAF, or OPNAV]).
Additional experience: Microsoft Office; and the ability to learn IMAT.Explore, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and AIM will be essential. Prior experience with curriculum development or software development a plus.