Peer Engagement Specialist
A DC-based Non-Profit Agency is currently seeking a Peer Engagement Specialist who is responsible for recruiting mentees and working with the Program Coordinator and Mentors to serve as leaders for their peers by assisting and encouraging other youth as they progress in the community; they will serve as models for their peers as they effectively demonstrate the qualities and attributes of a successful youth; they will serve as advocates for their peers as they work closely with the team in decisions and ideas that directly impact youth functioning and success; and they will strengthen their own coping skills and life skills as they maintain stability in the community and with their goals.
- Provide guidance and encouragement for youth
- Serve as an advocate for peers in meetings and decision-making processes
- Co-facilitate training and presentations
- Provide feedback to the Program Coordinator about curriculum choices and suggest modifications
- Facilitate Peer-led groups
- Conduct peer mediations
- Compliant with Success Plan goals and CPA
- Strong ability to work with system-involved youth
- Highly organized, punctual and reliable
- Self-motivated and solution-focused
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
- Computer skills – Proficient in Power Point, MS Word, Excel, Outlook
Individuals interested in applying to the position should do so by emailing resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (please include position title in Subject Line) or by faxing to 202-388-7693.