Senior Auditor Lead IT
Join with the Inspector General to help make America's railroad operate more efficiently and effectively. We are seeking talented professionals who want to make a difference. By conducting or supporting independent, objective audits and investigations of the programs and operations of the National Passenger Railroad Corporation (Amtrak), you could directly contribute to our mission of providing independent, objective oversight of Amtrak's programs and operations; preventing and detecting fraud, waste, and abuse; and providing Congress, Amtrak management, and Amtrak's Board of Directors with timely analysis about Amtrak's programs and operations. Join us as we continue to build a model OIG centered on independence, teamwork, diversity, work-life balance, and value-added oversight. Next stop…the Amtrak Office of Inspector General!
The Senior Auditor, Lead - Information Technology leads or assists the Audit Manager in leading a multidisciplinary team or teams conducting independent, objective, GAGAS compliant information technology performance, or financial audits of Amtrak programs and operations. These audits are of medium to high complexity and include assessments of the economy, efficiency and effectiveness of Amtrak programs and operations; adequacy of internal controls, compliance with laws, regulations, policies, contracts or grants. The incumbent is responsible for or assists the Audit Manager in audit design, data collection and analysis, message development and drafting segments of audit products that are technically complete and appropriately targeted to the audience. This includes assisting junior members of the team when necessary and serving as a technical expert for those less experienced members of the team.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
- You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience that included conducting information technology and performance audits/analyses of programs and operations.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to maintain composure in stressful situations and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail.
- Experience using Teammate or similar audit work paper management systems.
- Understanding and ability to apply GAGAS professional audit standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, Accounting, Finance, Public Administration, Economics or other field, or equivalent combination of education, training and work experience.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
- An advanced degree from an accredited university in Information Systems, Computer Science or Business Management
- Professional certification such as CIA, CGEIT or CPA.
- Familiarity with the accountability community (e.g., OIG, GAO).
- Familiarity with passenger rail operations and/or transportation operations.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills or prior supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.