Community Support Worker
We aspire to be a behavioral, health and community development leader recognized for innovative and quality in counseling and community building, national standing in research, and commitment to strategic collaboration and service in Washington DC's most deserving areas. We provide intensive outpatient mental health services for the entire family. Services include medication management, community case management and counseling.
- Applies knowledge of health care, mental health rehabilitation systems and database management to assist consumers with achieving their goals as outlined in the individual recovery plan.
- Develops skill building techniques to assist the consumer in the development of functional, interpersonal, family, coping and community living skills that are negatively impacted by the individual’s mental illness
- Coordinates and assist with the identification of individual strengths, resources, preferences and choices
- Supports and promote individual self-advocacy and participation in decision making, treatment and treatment planning
- Develops active crisis management plans
- Assists with the identification of risk factors related to relapse and development of relapse prevention plans and strategies
- Provide ssupport and consultation to the individual and his/her network that is primarily to the well-being and benefit of the individual
- Maintains consumers confidentiality
- Performs other professional duties as assigned
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Criminal Justice or similar area of study
- 2 years of mental health experience preferred
Competitive pay is commensurate with experience.