About Howard Community College:
Howard Community College (HCC) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! HCC has been awarded the distinction as a "Great College to Work for" since 2009 from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty, staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go in your career, you can get there from here!
Howard Community College's Business and Computer Systems Division is seeking a Job Developer to support its TAACCCT grant operations.
Job responsibilities include assisting students in internship, apprenticeship and job placement. Matches individual's background, skills, and interest with opportunities. Persistently follows up often via telephone with students. May help prepare students for interview and entry into the work experience. May be required to maintain working relationships with employers to secure student opportunities.
- The successful candidate must have proven strong communication skills, and experience working independently as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associate's degree preferred but not required
- Experience in an academic environment is helpful.
- A minimum of two (2) years working within the field of recruitment, job placement or career counseling is required
- Prior teaching experience (preferred)
- The successful candidate works well under general supervision and is creative and flexible
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
Hours Per Week: 25
Work Schedule:Flexible on Monday - Friday, 8:30am -5.
Grade: Part time, no benefits
FLSA Status: Not exempt from over time
Open Until Filled:
Best Consideration: March 5, 2017
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 443-518-1100. The TDD line phone # is: 443-518-4822.
- Cover Letter
Link for announcement: