Chief Pilot and Director, Air Transportation Services
Chief Pilot and Director, Air Transportation Services Posting Number: AP0170117
Faculty Rank: Lecturer
About Virginia Tech: Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Position Summary: The Chief Pilot and Director of Air Transportation Services will provide leadership and direction to flight and administrative personnel to ensure high standards of personal performance, competence, and safety. Responsibilities include budgetary, financial, and operations oversight, human resource management, policy management, and compliance.
- Experience leading a unit to include human resource, business, and financial oversight.
- Direct employee supervision to encompass employee performance management, recruitment, compensation, and employee training and development.
- Significant experience overseeing flight operations that uses multiple aircraft.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent combination of experience and training.
- ATP license.
- Maintain a valid Second Class Medical Certificate. 4000 hours total flight time, 1500 hours multi-engine and meets departmental guidelines.
- Progressive management experience.
- Demonstrated professionalism in working with confidential and sensitive matters with the utmost discretion and tact.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take initiative in fulfilling responsibilities and anticipating the needs of staff and customers.
- Ability to interact effectively and comfortably with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and judgment are essential.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Possess an advanced degree in a related field.
- Knowledge of university business policies, to include human resource, financial, and facilities.
- Knowledge of information technology systems used to optimize department operations.
- Type-rating in department aircraft.
Must have a criminal background check, Must have a driver's license check, Alternate work schedule - If other than M-F, 8-5 please describe below, Must have an acceptable and safe driving record
Must have a conviction check: Yes
- Subject to being scheduled 24 hours, seven days a week, and being on-call Monday-Friday and on selected scheduled weekends.
- A current commercial pilot certificate, instrument rating, and multi-engine rating. Current class II Aviation Medical Certificate.
- Must pass drug testing.
How to Apply for this Job:
Qualified applicants must electronically submit online application, optional cover letter, resume/curriculum vitae, and a list of professional references to jobs.vt.edu. Apply to posting #AP0170117.
Applicant screening will continue until the position is filled. Virginia Tech is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities.
Employee Category: Administrative and Professional Faculty
Appointment Type: Regular
Tenure Status: Continuous
Academic Year or Calendar Year: Calendar Year
Percent Employment: Full-time
Pay Range: Commensurate with Experience
Department: Air Transportation Services
Location Zip Code: 24061
Work Schedule: 8-5, M-F + As Needed
Review Begin Date: 05/15/2017
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement: Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement: If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.
Quick Link: http://listings.jobs.vt.edu/postings/75628
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/sshr3kcvwg79kqp9