The American Trucking Associations (ATA), the nation’s leading trade and lobby association representing the trucking industry, is actively seeking a Technical Director. This Position ensures the effectiveness of all technical products, services, and activities of the Technology & Maintenance Council. The incumbent in this role will report to the TMC Executive Director. This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Develops and produces all technical products with cooperation of industry volunteer membership and support of other TMC/ATA staff as appropriate. Has oversight of TMC’s 100+ Task Forces and 14 Study Groups, which develop voluntary standards, known as recommended practices, and information reports covering all aspects of vehicle maintenance and engineering.
- Serves as a technical liaison to ATA’s Technical Advisory Group, the Society of Automotive Engineers, and other industry groups.
- Ensures timely development of industry-recommended engineering and maintenance practices for the motor-carrier and supplier community.
- Acts as a liaison for TMC’s Future Truck Program and Department of Defense’s Future Truck Systems Program to identify technologies that have cross application to the military and commercial trucking industry.
- Ensures timely market development of publications that contribute to TMC/ATA’s financial base.
- Ensures that RP development process is properly observed by volunteer members.
- Supports technical/educational programming and content of TMC’s general meetings.
Knowledge and Skills
- BS degree in related-sciences, such as engineering, physical sciences, english/journalism, standards management plus;
- 5-7 years in management and/or writing/editing of technical standards and/or product development;
- Must have ability to turn complex technical information into useful references;
- Working knowledge of word processing, desktop/graphic publishing, database and relevant software packages: Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) required;
- Keen interpersonal and administrative skills necessary to work with diverse volunteer membership and industry-affiliated committees.
Please visit http://www.recruitingcenter.net/clients/trucking/publicjobs to submit your resume and cover letter. Please include salary requirements in cover letter. Resumes received without the required information will not be considered.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the US. Please no third-party, agency responses, re-postings, calls or walk-ins. ATA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action and At-Will employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on their own merit without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.