Assistant Manager 2nd Trust Mortgage Operations
PenFed is hiring an Assistant Manager, 2nd Trust Mortgage Operations in Alexandria, VA . Under the general supervision of the manager, Mortgage Services, the incumbent monitors the daily activities of the Operations section of the Mortgage Services department ensuring the timely and accurate completion of section responsibilities within established guidelines. The incumbent provides supervisory oversight and support of mortgage operations in other PenFed locations. In addition, answers incoming calls and initiates contact with members and prospective members soliciting mortgages and other related PenFed products. Incumbents of this position acts as a mortgage loan originator (MLO) as defined in the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (S.A.F.E. Act).Essential Functions
- Manages leads received to effectively sell mortgages and other products maintaining appropriate follow-up and contact.
- Counsels individual borrowers appropriately, to include, interpreting rates and programs, interfacing with external customers and providing competitive market information.
- Oversees the daily work of section staff, scheduling and assigning work on daily basis and providing guidance to staff on complex issues.
- Assists section staff in the maintenance of efficient workflow to minimize turn around and processing time from initial application to closing.
- Develops and/or suggests methods and other techniques which will improve sales effectiveness.
- Remains current on all mortgage related regulations and changes and keeps section staff informed.
- Completes necessary reports to assist with loan pipeline management. Monitor PFCU funding reports as required and review and approve loan wire request.
- Monitors daily work of the team for accuracy and completeness of loan applications and to ensure that loans meet all regulatory requirements.
- Provides training to assigned staff on new software programs and PFCU products.
- Calculates good faith and regulatory requests.
- Consults with the Manager on exceptions to normal policies and procedures before making decisions.
- Review desktop underwriting (DU) loans.
- Recommends and implements new ideas and ensures thorough research and involvement from all appropriate areas of the credit union.
- This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties.
- Baccalaureate degree or a combination of education and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions.
- Three years related work experience, preferably in mortgage lending, or strong customer service background required.
- Strong oral and written communications skills required. Attention to detail required.
This position will not supervise employees.
There are no additional certifications required.
Bending, Stretching or Reaching
Talking on the phone, person-to-person & in group
XHearing on the phone, person-to-person & in group
XVision for near, mid-range, far, peripheral, depth and color
XUse of computer
XUse of telephone
XUse of office equipment
XPushing/pulling/lifting/ carrying from 5 to 50 lbs.
Founded in 1935, and still growing, we began as the War Department Federal Credit Union. Today, PenFed is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.5 million members and over $21 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as on military bases in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
PenFed is an Equal Opportunity EmployerPenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same. PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.