Systems Administrator - 1249
The MIL Corporation seeks a Systems Administrator to support a Federal Government client in Cherry Point, North Carolina. The Systems Administrator will be the interface between the RDT&E network and the local RDT&E users in Cherry Point, NC.
• Provide support for various external labs/customers
• Use existing processes and procedures to provide O&M support services for the RDT&E network infrastructure, which includes monitoring, maintenance, testing, upgrades, and IA (e.g., STIG) integration
• Provide documentation and reports as directed
• Work independently and as part of a team in researching data, and developing analytical techniques and methodologies
• Directly interface with various RDT&E Infrastructure Division clients
• Ensure configuration control procedures
• Document maintenance, repair, and test activities
• Create and maintain user accounts, and install hardware/software
• Monitor status of LAN/WAN and circuit switching systems
• Operate test equipment to ensure circuit, system and network signals meet minimum standards
• Perform circuit, systems and network patching and cross connecting to establish, sustain, and restore service
• Perform QA evaluations to ensure compliance with technical orders and manufacturer specification sheets
• Control physical data link and transport layers of installed communications and computer systems required to operate cryptographic equipment
• Analyze equipment capabilities and performance, and diagnose and repair problems
• Maintain and create reports, schematics and databases
• 9 years of experience in Windows/Linux, Active Directory and STIG integration as a system administrator of LAN/WAN systems, network security, systems maintenance, systems monitoring/reporting, requirements analysis, requirements planning, resource scheduling, CM, and documentation management
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team in researching data, and developing analytical techniques and methodologies
• Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs., and occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 40 lbs.
• Position may require the ability to climb ladders to maintain and support equipment.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or an information technology-intensive discipline and 5 years of relevant experience
• DoD 8570 IAT Level 2, (current OS certification and Security + with continuing CE's); Level III (current OS certification, CISSP with up-to-date CE's)
HS/GED, BA/BS desired
Secret or Top Secret clearance; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.