Research Analyst - Air Warfare
The Operational Evaluation Division (OED) has an immediate career opening for an Analyst to support the Department of Defense's assessment of the operational effectiveness, suitability, survivability, and lethality of Air Warfare-related Major Defense Acquisition Programs. IDA takes great pride in the high caliber and timeliness of its analyses, which are produced in an atmosphere that encourages independent thinking and objective results. Work at IDA is conducted in a team environment and often involves a multi-disciplinary approach.
The Analyst will support and advise mid- and senior-level civilian and military officials regarding the operational evaluation of the maintainability and supportability of fighter and bomber aircraft. The position involves analyzing the design, execution, and results of operational testing and associated modeling and simulation activity, and providing an independent assessment to Department of Defense’s Director, Operational Test and Evaluation. Close interaction with officials responsible for the planning, development, and execution of tests is required. Travel is required
- A minimum of either:
- A Doctorate degree in Physics, Chemistry (Theoretical, Nuclear, Physical), Engineering (Aeronautical, Mechanical, Electrical), Applied Mathematics, Materials Science, Astronomy, or a quantitative interdisciplinary program that encompasses one of these areas of focus; OR
- A Master’s degree in Physics, Chemistry (Theoretical, Nuclear, Physical), Engineering (Aeronautical, Mechanical, Electrical), Applied Mathematics, Materials Science, Astronomy, or a quantitative interdisciplinary program that encompasses one of these areas of focus coupled 8+ years operational or commercial experience.
- Candidates must have demonstrated computational and data analysis skills.
- Military or civilian acquisition or test experience is a plus.
- Experience with advanced aviation technologies, particularly low observable technologies, is desired, but not required.
- Candidates selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.