Cardiovascular Technician, Fort Belvoir Community Hospital (FBCH), Fort Belvoir, VA
Outstanding Cardiovascular Technician Opportunity at Fort Belvoir Community Hospital (FBCH), Fort Belvoir, VA!
Come Join Our Team of health care providers at Fort Belvoir Community Hospital and experience the immense pride others have discovered in caring for Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans!
* Excellent Compensation & Comprehensive Benefits!
* Full Time Position Days, Monday – Friday!
* PTO! 10 Paid Federal Holidays!
* NO Weekends! NO Holidays!
* Annual CME Stipend!
* Malpractice Insurance Provided!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES: The Cardiovascular Technician will provide the following services and in strict compliance with standing orders and protocols set forth by the MTF, and IAW JC guidelines to include, but will not necessarily be limited to the following:
* Perform electrocardiograms, and hemodynamic monitoring.
* Assist with patient care in the CVIR prep and recovery area to include initiating IV access, completing questionnaires, performing circulation checks, and providing plan of care instructions to patients.
* Assist the Interventional Radiologist with invasive diagnostic and interventional radiology procedures to include CT guided biopsies of bone and soft tissues, FNA, abscess drains, tube placements and central line insertions.
* Serves on cardiac catheterization (invasive) procedures team maximizing the scope of practice for CVT in the state of Virginia.
* Assist in placing specialized equipment and instruments into cardiovascular system for diagnosis and therapy, including cardiac pacemaker , IVUS, and balloon pump insertion.
* Operate and maintain specialized equipment such as temporary pacemakers, IABP, and IVUS,
* Draw arterial blood gas sample and venous blood specimens per MTF guidelines. Maintain quality control for iSTAT machines including proficiency testing.
* Under the guidance of the procedure physician, prepare and administer medications during procedures, after proficiency testing is completed by the MTF.
* Assist the physician with routine and emergency procedures. Remove arterial and venous sheaths using manual pressure or closure devices in the procedure room and at the patient’s bedside.
* Prepare and instruct patients for procedures, provide post procedure instructions as well as home care instructions.
* Monitor data display on physiological equipment, obtains and record vital signs. Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and respond to code situations to the current ACLS standards.
* Assess and document patient status. Perform user maintenance on CVIR equipment.
* Adhere to infection control and universal precautions procedures, including disposition of regulated medical waste and contaminated materials.
* Perform iSTAT laboratory administrative, maintenance, and support functions
* Ensure equipment is calibrated to manufacturer’s specifications. Clean, disinfect, and sterilize (or prepare for sterilization) CVIR equipment and supplies. Perform operational checks and inspect equipment.
* Maintain inventory level of disposable supplies; stock accordingly; and return excess stock. Prepare equipment requisition. Maintain “crash cart”. Ensure emergency equipment is available and functional.
* Schedule patient for evaluation, procedure, and treatment. Obtain medical record.
* Assist with transportation of patient from hospital, and those in the air evacuation system requiring IABPs.
* Education: Cardiovascular Techs shall possess a diploma, associate, baccalaureate and/or master’s degree and must be a graduate from an accredited school of cardiovascular and interventional training from at least one state or territory in the United States.
* Experience: Possess experience as a Cardiovascular Tech of at least 12 months within the preceding 36 months.
* Certifications: 1) Cardiovascular Tech shall possess a current, active, valid, Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) certification. 2) Possess and maintain a current BLS certification (American Heart Association – Healthcare Provider).
* Must be a U.S citizen and have the ability to pass a background check/security clearance.
* Must be able to read, write, understand and speak English clearly in order to effectively communicate with all patients and other health care providers.
STAFFING & SCHEDULING:
* The primary operating hours are Monday through Friday from 0700-1600 (4PM). Provide services for a period of 8.5 or 9 hours with an uncompensated ½ or one (1) hour for lunch depending on the shift length.
* On Call/Call Back: On-call as-needed outside of scheduled hours.
Godwin Corporation, DoD Approved Mentor, provides experienced and committed health care personnel and related health care services to the federal government and private industry. EEO www.godwincorp.com Godwin Corporation - providing services for the military and their families since 1987!