Patent Legal Secretary
Sughrue Mion, PLLC, an internationally recognized leading Intellectual Property law firm, seeks experienced patent prosecution legal secretaries. This position provides secretarial support to attorneys by processing documents related to the patent prosecution process. Responsibilities in this position include:
- Formatting and proofreading documents typed by attorneys;
- Drafting routine correspondence and preparing documents and forms for attorney's review;
- Typing documents from dictated tapes or handwritten documents;
- Screening telephone calls and serving as liaison between attorneys and others inside and outside firm;
- Entering attorney time into billing system;
- Preparing client billing;
- Maintaining filing system, contact list, and calendar;
- Coordinating schedules and travel arrangements;
- Maintaining docket of due dates for USPTO filings and payments, etc.;
- Preparing patent applications and related documents;
- Coordinating filing of documents with USPTO, ensuring that they meet requirements concerning format, number of copies;
- Retrieving information from USPTO website and other Internet research.
2+ years of patent prosecution experience preferred, be able to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment. Excellent attendance, attention to detail and communication skills required.
Sughrue offers a casual work environment and an excellent benefit package. Salary is commensurate with experience.
If you meet these qualifications, please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org