Senior Audit Manager
1 day left
- Full Time
Join with the Inspector General to help make America's railroad operate more efficiently and effectively. We are seeking talented professionals who want to make a difference. By conducting or supporting independent, objective audits and investigations of the programs and operations of the National Passenger Railroad Corporation (Amtrak), you could directly contribute to our mission of providing independent, objective oversight of Amtrak's programs and operations; preventing and detecting fraud, waste, and abuse; and providing Congress, Amtrak management, and Amtrak's Board of Directors with timely analysis about Amtrak's programs and operations. Join us as we continue to build a model OIG centered on independence, teamwork, diversity, work-life balance, and value-added oversight. Next stop?the Amtrak Office of Inspector General!
The Senior Audit Manager is responsible for day-to-day oversight to include technical, and administrative direction of a multi-disciplined staff conducting performance and financial audits in compliance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS). These audits address the effectiveness and efficiency of Amtrak's programs and operations, and report recommendations for improvements to those programs and operations. Generally, the Senior Audit Manager will lead 1 - 2 audit teams at any given time.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
- You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Public Administration, or other field, or equivalent combination of education, training and work experience.
- Must have at least 7 or more years of relevant experience that included conducting performance audits/analyses of programs and operations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail.
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries to reach mutual goals
- Able to maintain composure in stressful situations and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Proficiency in using data analysis and computer based tools including Microsoft Office Suite and similar products.
- Experience using TeamMate or similar audit working paper management systems.
- Advanced understanding and ability to apply GAGAS and other audit policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills or prior supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- An advanced degree from an accredited university (in an appropriate discipline).
- Familiarity with the federal accountability community (e.g., OIG, GAO).
- Familiarity with passenger rail operations and/or transportation operations.
- Professional certification (e.g., CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE).
- Familiarity with Audit Command Language (ACL).