NAVAL SCIENCES INSTRUCTOR
· All NJROTC instructor applicants must be certified by the Navy.
· NJROTC certified applicants should be highly motivated Navy, Marine Corps or Coast Guard commissioned officers in grades W-2 through O-6.JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Naval Sciences Instructor provides expert instruction to the Navy Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps program within Loudoun County Public Schools.RESPONSIBILITIES:
· To introduce students to the meaning of citizenship, the elements of leadership, and the value of scholarship in attaining life goals; engender a sound appreciation for the heritage and traditions of America, with recognition that the historically significant role of sea power will be important in America's future; develop in each cadet a growing sense of pride in his/her organization, associates, and self. These elements are pursued at the fundamental level.
· Ongoing instruction in leadership and discipline, Military Justice, Astronomy, International Law and the Sea, National Strategy, Sea Power and Naval Operations, Naval History: 1930 through the Nuclear Age, Naval Intelligence and National Security, Maneuvering Board, Challenges of Future Navy Research, and Electricity and Naval Electronics
· Ongoing instruction in leadership theory, Naval Orientation and Career Planning, Citizenship in the U.S. and Other Countries, Naval History: 1815 through 1930, Naval Ships and Shipboard Evolutions, Naval Weapons: Gunnery, Guided Missiles and Mines, Navigation Fundamentals and Rules of the Road, Small Boat Seamanship, Meteorology and Weather, and Survival Training and Orienteer.
· Instruction in theoretical and applied aspects of leadership, training, and evaluation of performance. Students will become aware of the techniques used to create motivation, develop goals and activities for a work group, and the proper ways to set a leadership example. Cadets will also apply these principles when dealing with younger cadets in the areas of military drill and inspections, athletic events, and in other school activities.
· Course content to include an introduction to the NJROTC program; Introduction to Leadership, Naval Ships; Mission and Organization, The Nation, Navy and the People in American Democracy, Maritime Geography, Seapower and Challenge, Naval History through 1815, Introduction to Navigation and Time, Basic Seamanship, Oceanography, Health Education, First Aid, and Drugs, Alcohol and Tobacco Abuse Prevention.
· Serves as a resource to educators, the parents and the community.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the principal.OTHER INFORMATION:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A LETTER OF INTEREST AND UPDATED RESUME FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID).
OPEN UNTIL FILLEDAPPLY TO:
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Salary Range: Refer to
217 Day Position, 7 hours a dayDAYS: FROM - TO -