Vice President & General Manager, Media
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 17143.Media Services
Location: McLean, VA
Travel %: Less than 10%
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 12 years of experience required
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience not considered
Does this position have direct reports: Yes
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.Provide overall leadership and strategic direction to the Media Business Unit and collaborate with Global Sales Leader to develop a global sales and go-to-market plan that achieves and exceeds revenue and organizational objectives. Drive change to transform the media landscape to meet the changing consumer habits. Responsible for directing all business unit functions such as operations, sales/marketing and human resources. Reports to the SVP of Sales and Marketing. Critical Responsibilities:
- Align the Media business unit objectives with firm business strategy through active participation in corporate strategic planning, sales strategy development, forecasting, sales resource planning, and budgeting to generate revenues that meet or exceed revenue plans.
- Drives overall product strategy and development requirements, and coordination for new and emerging products. Prioritize service requirements for support Organizations: Innovation, Product Development, Market Development, Network Engineering and Operations.
- Direct product, marketing and sales teams through the definition of B2B customer use cases to drive service and feature-set development.
- Develop and deploy (global and regional) go-to-market Media plans to enable sales to maximize focus and revenues.
- Provide leadership to the Media business unit, while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, high-performance, and ethical behavior.
- Approach all activities as an Enterprise Leader by engaging and building cross-functional relationships to drive strategic initiatives and seek new ideas and encourage team to model same behavior.
- Lead Media business unit change initiatives by continuously assessing the need for organizational change, championing change initiatives, and removing obstacles impeding constructive organizational change.
- Build a world class Market Sector team by emphasizing the correct hiring, development and management of personnel.
- Recognize the role of data, metrics, account planning and time management in delivering the highest impact results with the least organizational effort. Develop consistent KPIs for sales success in business unit.
- Create and implement capex and opex plans with product managers for the Intelsat services to be delivered in each market sector. Provide input/guidance into Intelsat fleet deployment planning to optimize capex spending.
- Exemplify the desired culture and philosophies of the organization.
- Demonstrates and promotes a 100% commitment to providing the best possible overall experience for employees and customers.
- Promote and reinforce HR policies, procedures, retention programs and turnover reduction strategies.
Must have a Bachelor's Degree in an applicable field - MBA preferred - with at least five to seven years in a role working in, or closely with financial reporting, finance or treasury providing demonstrable understanding of public reporting requirements and financial statements.
- Excellent written communication skills and oral presentation ability required, as well as the ability to forge successful relationships with key internal and external partners.
- Must have a clear and thorough understanding of the financial modeling techniques used by security analysts, along with outstanding financial and investment analysis skills.
- Prior experience in technology and telecommunications, especially in satellite telecommunications, a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated enterprise leadership and influencing stakeholder skills
- Profound knowledge of business, strategizing, and analysis techniques
- Possess technical competence with tools, software, operations, and project management
- Outstanding written, oral, & communication skills
- Strong emotional intelligence, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Collaborative attitude and nature
- Ability to make decisions, drive for results, and be proactive
- Strong ability to lead multiple initiatives
- Highly resourceful and trustworthy
The candidate for this position should have the following competencies:
- Demonstrated leadership in managing staff and contractors
- High energy and self-motivation
- Ability to handle multiple projects and responsibilities in a corporate environment
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills by providing a positive & compelling leadership style that embeds a spirit of teamwork, competitiveness and winning in the sales team.
- Personal Drive & Acumen: Ability to educate / challenge others; challenger; creative problem-solving; decision making; enterprise leadership; strategic vision; agility; motivation; resourcefulness; business writing.
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.