Located steps from the Bethesda Metro Station, Managed Care Advisors (MCA) is an innovative, data-driven company offering a unique set of services specific to Specialized Health Program Management, Federal Workers’ Compensation, Employee Benefits, Disability Management and Absence Management. MCA was recently recognized by Inc. Managed as one of the Nation’s 5,000 fastest-growing private companies in 2016. Come join our winning team and grow with us!
Managed Care Advisors
- Provides an exciting and fast paced work environment
- Provides a comprehensive benefits package
- Celebrates our individual and team successes together
- Supports a team-oriented work atmosphere
As a Data Analyst, you will collaborate as part of a dynamic multi-disciplinary project team of subject matter experts and clinical specialists on a wide range of problems. Data Analysts are responsible for producing routine contract reports as well as performing ad hoc analysis and assist with research and development projects. The ideal candidate will bring analytical rigor and sound mathematical methods to the challenges of measuring quality, increasing process efficiency, and improving client outcomes.
- Work with complex data sets to address difficult, non-routine analysis problems using sound statistical approaches. Conduct end-to-end analysis that include data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables and presentations.
- Build and prototype analytic products iteratively to provide insights and information at scale. Develop comprehensive understanding of MCA’s data structures and metrics, advocating for evolution where needed.
- Make business recommendations with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders through visual displays of quantitative information
- Research and develop analysis, forecasting, and optimization methods to improve the quality of MCA’s internal and external products
Background in quantitative fields or in research design and a passion for the field of healthcare are ideal. This is a tremendous opportunity to shape our future and gain lifelong skills.
- BS degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Data Science, Statistics, Engineering) from an accredited 4-year College or University
- Advanced MS Excel Experience (Pivot Tables, Functions/Formulas, Template Creation, etc.)
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Federal Government Security Clearance
- 2 years of relevant work experience (e.g., as a data analyst, business analyst, statistician)
- Experience articulating business questions and using mathematical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data. Experience translating analysis results into business recommendations.
- Experience working with database design and database languages (e.g., SQL)
MCA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or protected Veteran status. We participate in the United States Federal Government E-Verify program to confirm the employment authorization of employee upon hire. Successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal background check, and obtain and maintain confidential-level security clearance upon hire.