Senior DevOps Developer
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineer or a related degree
- 5+ years of experience in MS Windows environments
- Understanding of DevOps concepts in order to collaborate, develop automated solutions, and enhance our Continuous Delivery initiatives
- 2+ years of experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Server platforms (Windows OS, IIS, MS SQL Server, BizTalk, and ASP.Net applications deployments)
- Experience with PowerShell (programming).
- 2+ years of experience installing and configuring ASP.NET applications on Microsoft Azure PaaS and IaaS.
- Experience with Virtualization (VMware vSphere and System Center Virtual Machine Manager) and containerization (Docker for Windows)
- Proven Networking knowledge (TCP/IP and OSI stacks) and familiarity with connectivity concepts implements on Windows Servers, Load balancers, Domain Name Service (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), and subnetting. Responsibilities:
- Manage and monitor Microsoft .Net applications developed in-house.
- Coordinate and migrate on-prem ASP.NET applications to the Microsoft Azure cloud.
- Troubleshoot and identify solutions for Performance/Connectivity issues, Application functionality disruptions, Network Load Balancing, on .Net, ASP, and CGI applications; working together with developers and business stakeholders alike.
- Maintain and promote Security, Availability, and Redundancy strategies
- Develop custom scripts to increase efficiency in process and system, with the objective of reducing human intervention on any repetitive tasks
- Provide 24 x 7 on call support for GEICO's systems as needed Desired Qualifications:
- Possess Microsoft Certifications (MCSA and MCSE)
- Experience with Azure Automation, Service Management Automation (SMA), System Center Orchestrator, and working with Azure ARM templates.
- Configuring Application Insights and other monitoring tools for PaaS and IaaS applications.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.