Research Technicain II (WRAIR-Vector Identification)
GDIT is seeking a Research Technician II to support WRAIR's Entomology Branch with an emphasis on the development of molecular identification assays that allow non-scientist soldiers to obtain quick identifications in austere environments. The contractor shall be expected to:
- Plan and resource identification services related to the identification of militarily relevant arthropod vectors.
- Develop, validate and implement molecular assays for the detection and identification of cryptic species utilizing DNA sequencing techniques to build identification assays using multiple platforms.
- Develop standard operating procedures to formalize testing procedures using these assays so that multiple testing entities may produce comparable data suitable for use in surveillance programs.
- Develop, validate and utilize traditional taxonomic keys to identify vector species.
- Provide vector identification support services for DoD costumers and research collaborators upon request.