Research Scientist I (WRAIR Diagnostic Lab Services and Vector Control)
GDIT is seeking a Research Scientist I to support WRAIR's Diagnotic Laboratory Services and Vector Control group. The contractor shall have:
- Strong working knowledge in vector control along with vector control, malaria and dengue vector ecology and behavior.
- Ability to work with mosquitoes and other vectors and vector-borne diseases e. g. malaria, and dengue fever and to prepare and present research results at national and international meetings as well as manuscripts for publication in professional journals.
- Knowledge of storage and preparation, DNA/RNA extraction techniques, RT-PCR, qPCR, sequencing, LAMP, immunological assays (such as ELISA, Western Blot, etc).
- Knowledge of arthropod sample preparation is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of grant proposal writing for diagnostic or molecular biology applications
- PhD preferred in entomology, vector biology or related field.
- 8-10 years of related experience in scientific research, analysis and/or engineering.